PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub c454e black issue

Custom Search

G6token
09-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Good day, I have a c454e that came from a eBay seller. When the machine first came it was fine, 1 week later the customer reported that the machine gave a code, the code was high toner density. Over the phone talked them into service mode and the black tcr value was 9.xx. I told them to print about 10 halftone black pages. The tcr level after that was fine at around 6.50. A few days later they noticed the black was fading. I changed the developing unit, and the black drum. Still the same issue even after doing graduating the machine over 20 times. All the other colors are fine. I’m wondering now if it’s a case that the toner is bad. I also cleaned the hopper unit to ensure that toner was flowing correctly and was jamming up. Same issue. Can anyone point me in a direction. Meter count 834,788. Also tried turning up the voltage, tcr, density. Nothing. On the graduation page it just has all zeroes for the black values.

Momiowilove
09-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Did you try to test the whole balck imaging unit to another machine.? Maybe you have a problem in your grounding in the black imaging unut. Try to check the female and male connectors maybe there is a toner build up on the connector. Try to check sir

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

copyman
09-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Since that machine don't use an imaging unit but instead uses separate drum and developer units, unfortunately with that high of a meter it could be any of the drums or developers over their life. There is a bulletin addressing overlife consumables. "Any" color overlife can affect "any" other color. What is the consumable life showing? Don't forget drums can be chipped and may be bad if showing life. It a tough call to troubleshoot, I would bring all good used color Dev & drums and swap out one at a time, etc.

This is exactly why if a new customer, and definitely an exisiting customer ask me to repair an Ebay machine I say NO!

Custom Search