PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 4 series fuser squeak

Custom Search

copier tech
09-27-2019, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

I’m sure we’ve all seen this issue the fuser has a slight squeak when idle no big deal but in a quiet office customer complains.

Easy fix replace the fuser? However I have a few that have not reached life & are working fine.

What are you guys doing to resolve this? I was thinking is there some sort of spay can high temp grease available this would be ideal.

copyman
09-27-2019, 01:43 PM
I just had this and it got really loud on a C454. Only way I got rid of it was replace the "small bearings" in fuser. These are common bearings used is many models, finishers, etc. Also same as the one that disengrates in the C654 fuser cleaning roller.

CompyTech
09-27-2019, 02:16 PM
I replace them. YPP claim if possible, usually can get full or partial credits. Not worth the trouble to try to grease them IMO. By the time you remove the unit, take it apart and guess where to grease, I could have replaced it. Most of the times the bearings rust out anyways.

copyrooks
09-27-2019, 02:25 PM
I replace them. YPP claim if possible, usually can get full or partial credits. Not worth the trouble to try to grease them IMO. By the time you remove the unit, take it apart and guess where to grease, I could have replaced it. Most of the times the bearings rust out anyways.

I fully agree with the ypp, i like my time better. 3 year warranty exchanges great for those pesky hdds too

mo0651
09-27-2019, 03:46 PM
Agree with YPP :cool:

tsbservice
09-27-2019, 06:08 PM
I know what YPP is but didn't think it's worldwide. In case whole fuser is not covered/reimbursed and client complains after only 20-30% of fuser life expired dealer has to pay for new fuser. I know best way is new one FOC from KM but someone may know way to save those fusers...

Custom Search