PDA

View Full Version : Toner sticked in fuser roller c454

Custom Search

sanvicente
09-29-2019, 09:03 AM
Hi. Have a c454 with toner sticked to upper fuser roller. The image reapeated in the page.

First we change brand new fuser unit... 50 prints and again the image repeated. Changed transfer roller, transfer belt, power supply, another fuser and same result.

Didnt change DV units because all four colors do the same. Came back day later and exchanged with a c364 a week ago. I didnt checked voltage. My bad on that. Now in our shop I take fuser out, cleaned, and take some prints and the c454 runs ok. I tested 7,500 full color prints and machine goes ok. The c364 is also runing ok in costumer building plugged to the same Espo surge regulator and to the same outlet.

Want to know if someone may see this issue before??

Machine was on his 15 month on rent... 450k ... original toner... original parts...

A voltage issue maybe? Humidity? A lossen cable that sits fine again in the movement from costumers to the shop?

Dont want to lease it or sell it to some body else and get the issue again, and must important, wanted to know what was the cause.

Any similar experience?? Or coments? Am i missing something?

qbert69
09-29-2019, 09:43 AM
If toner is sticking to the hot roller with image offset to subsequent pages, that usually means your thickness/ weight setting on the machine is not set for the proper weight. Increase the GSM weight setting on the machine and see what happens. I'm guessing either the weight hasn't been consistently set to match the paper stock being printed on OR the print stock being used falls outside the specifications stipulated by the manufacturer. The manufacturing of paper is an Art & Science. You have absolutely no idea what is being put in that paper as a filler material!!! For example, Glossy Brochure Paper to be made "glossy" actually contains CLAY!!!...which requires a higher heat setting to bond the toner properly but also keeps the paper from cooling down quickly...a high heat coefficient, a "catch 22" of sorts as the clay retains the heat and the stacking pages could stick together due to this heat retention. Long story short...Get to know your paper stock.[emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

copyman
09-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Is it genuine toner?

Also check fuser temp / paper settings like other member posted.

blackcat4866
09-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Those were my two points:

-Correct media type set
-OEM toner

Those are the main two things to look at. And just because they've always used Thick1 media type setting doesn't make it the correct setting. Find the label or weight the paper to discover for yourself. =^..^=

sanvicente
10-03-2019, 04:05 AM
Hi, thanks for the advises.

We use diferent papers with the same result. 3 diferent 8 1/2x11 bond papers 75gsm and 2 diferent 12x18 thick 4 (300gsm). One 12x18 and one 8 1/2x11 where the same we use in our company print shop with no issues. When we take the machine to the shop tray1 and 2 where full with our paper and with this same paper we run at least 400 full color prints with out issues. The only thing we do in the shop was yo clean the fuser rollers with wd40, the same process we use every time we run tests in users location and the fuser gets sticky.

We also make proofs increasing fuser temperature in the diferent papers and run some test slowing down the fuser speed (this works well with thick paper in humid enviroments).

Toner is original. Dev units and fuser are the factory ones.

🤔🤔🤔 No clue on this one....

Custom Search