PDA

View Full Version : C-D010 on two different machines- customers own machine and our loan machine !

Custom Search

patk
09-30-2019, 12:44 PM
We have a strange problem at a customers site.

Bizhub C458 had been fine on customers network until machine was nearly two years old. Then C-D010 appears on machine, machine locks out and can only be recovered by reformatting HDD. After this all is fine for 3-4 weeks and then occurs again. This time HDD is replaced.
5 weeks go by and problem recurs. HDD replaced again, 2 weeks later C-D010 code again.

KM suggest PWB-MFP. So we take machine out of customer and install Bizhub C-554e on loan.

We test the C458 on our own network - after 2 weeks C-D010 code occurs. We think must be PWB-MFP as suggested but have not fitted yet.

BUT.........

After 3 weeks at customers, Bizhub C554e loaner now has the C-D010 code on it ( Loan machine has never had C-D010 previously, ever)

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be ?

Cheers
Pat

pajeroid
09-30-2019, 01:03 PM
Have you loaded the latest firmware? That has a fix for this SSD related code. If not, change the SSD and follow MFP replacement guide.

nelo
10-01-2019, 11:16 AM
I had the same issue and was fixed by uploading the firmware fix for this particular error code. This firmware contains the bug fix for SATA controller. The machine was a Bizhub C658.

The cause for the machine displaying error C-D010 issue was power surge related. I had the machine hooked on UPS with power surge protector, customer had to supply this.

Regards

patk
10-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the replies

I have not been able to find any reference to C-D010 in the latest firmware read me. I have also not been able to find the special sata firmware for the C458, only for the smaller 8 series machines.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Cheers
Pat

gere1
10-03-2019, 06:54 PM
try doing first
physical format
and after restarting the
logical format
so I have recovered some of the series 4

Custom Search