PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C258 RedBlue Lines When Copying

Custom Search

gzartman
09-30-2019, 09:58 PM
We have a Konica Bizhup C258 that is about 1.5 years old. The unit works great for print and scan, but when we try to make color photo copies all copies come out with either read or blue vertical lines evenly spaced on the copies. I found an old thread on this forum that says this is related to installation, but I can't find out exactly what installation this is referring to.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

srvctec
09-30-2019, 10:16 PM
It means you need to go through the entire setup/installation process exactly as described in the installation manual that came with the machine. Since you have those lines, whoever set it up, didn't follow the directions exactly and now you have the "lines of shame".

Phil B.
09-30-2019, 10:17 PM
We have a Konica Bizhup C258 that is about 1.5 years old. The unit works great for print and scan, but when we try to make color photo copies all copies come out with either read or blue vertical lines evenly spaced on the copies. I found an old thread on this forum that says this is related to installation, but I can't find out exactly what installation this is referring to. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

'Lines of shame' will show up on everything..

How old are the drums/fuser/belt?

I would start by cleaning both the slit and platen glass well... do auto adjust on the scanner/feeder.

How about uploading a page that shows the defects.

gzartman
09-30-2019, 10:42 PM

Flash
09-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Definitely lines of shame. Get the installation manual and follow it closely. There are settings in the service mode that need to be addressed.

Bix
10-01-2019, 02:16 PM
I want to add that it is not necessary to format the initial data. it is sufficient to re-run the installation process, usually supplied with the printer during the first installation

907tec
10-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Not that I have ever experienced these so-called "lines of shame", but, I have heard:

Lines of Shame do NOT show up on everything. Many (most?) newer models only produce lines of shame on color copies. B&W copies will not show them, nor will Windows test pages, or internal color documents (demo page/etc).

Bix
10-02-2019, 04:57 PM
what you say is correct. It does not even appear if you do an SMB scan, email etc.

lazymangr
10-03-2019, 12:01 PM
the real question is: how did this happen after 1.5 years?

Bix
10-03-2019, 12:21 PM
it happened to me after 2 years on mfp color. Simply the customer had by default the black and white to avoid spending too much for color copies. But sometimes it happened that the customer set the color.

Custom Search