PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250i " Black Toner Low" message

Custom Search

nelo
10-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Hello All, I did a new install and also installed the toner bottle modification kit that came with the machine. The machine was used for 2 days with 500+ prints and displayed the message on the third day. My customer called reporting the issue.

I went to site and confirmed the toner black bottle still full about 3/4 left. I checked the black toner hopper and is also full but the black toner level indicator on the top right shows no toner / very low toner. I went into service mode and checked all level history for cmy & k are all at 6.5 - 6.7 %. I upgraded the firmware to the latest but nothing seems to change.

I am suspecting the toner level actuator in the black toner hopper must be jammed at the toner low level area causing the machine to display the message but before pulling any covers out to vacuum the black toner hopper out to free the actuator, I'd like to seek any ideas / solutions for similar issue that might assist me fix the machine.

Regards

Bix
10-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Hi Nelo, the modification kit serves when the C250i does not detect the presence of toner. So I don't think that's the problem.

Not having sensors to detect the amount of toner, sometimes it happens that the almost finished toner message appears but the machine continues to go.
Does the printer stop? If the answer is no, you wait for it to resolve with next toner replacement.

Maybe a dipswitch is available but at the moment I'm don't know

tsbservice
10-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Check Service manual from memory there's Engine FW DIP switch to reset this.

nelo
10-02-2019, 02:51 AM

Thank you All.

I was able to get the dipsw settings and procedures how to go about it and resolved the issue.

Thanks agian.

Phil B.
10-02-2019, 02:55 AM
Thank you All.

I was able to get the dipsw settings and procedures how to go about it and resolved the issue.

Thanks agian.

great! thanks for the update!

nelo
06-16-2020, 03:55 AM

Thanks! I was able to fix this issue in the Enhanced Security Mode.

Regards

copier tech
06-16-2020, 10:35 AM
Thank you All.

Thanks agian.

Hi,

Could you hare these DIP SW settings this will help others who may have this issue.

tsbservice
06-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Engine FW DIP switch 31-34. As I said it's in manual.

SAR
04-06-2022, 08:22 PM
Thank you for posting this. That toner reset mode is a nice feature. I had a customer we had to give an aftermarket toner because of the shortage and it would not reset. Used the Engine FW DIP switch to reset the toner cartridge and it is working great now.
Here are the Engine FW DIP switch numbers for each color:
31=Y
32=M
33=C
34=K

emujo2
04-06-2022, 09:35 PM
This only applies to the A3 machines, A4s are a different switch..E

tsbservice
04-06-2022, 09:42 PM

You are barrking on wrong thread Ed. Please stay in line.

emujo2
04-07-2022, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure why you think this..I just went through this with a tech..He has the softswitch list posted in this thread..Went to a C4050i with a bad toner bottle..put a used bottle in and tried to reset the 0%..Has to call SSD to find out that the desktops are a different switch. E

tsbservice
04-07-2022, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure why you think this..I just went through this with a tech..He has the softswitch list posted in this thread..Went to a C4050i with a bad toner bottle..put a used bottle in and tried to reset the 0%..Has to call SSD to find out that the desktops are a different switch. E

I don't see C4050i mentioned in this thread, it's about C250i and as I already noted those switches are found in bizhub C250i service manual....doesn't mean "by default" it is common with A4 color i models.
As a side note - maybe you can use Engine Switch No.6 for C4050i for similar purpose.

emujo2
04-07-2022, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry..... does anyone else have an issue with me mentioning that this is not the right switch for the desktop models???

copier tech
06-28-2023, 10:16 AM

Do you happen to know what the Eng SW are for the A4 pls ?

(Am away from my desk)

allan
06-28-2023, 04:34 PM
Do you happen to know what the Eng SW are for the A4 pls ?

(Am away from my desk)

Check the manual under eng SW 6. Not clear what that does. All I know it does nothing if its already in showing the empty condition.

Can anyone enlighten me on what a toner bottle modification kit is on a C250i?

allan
06-28-2023, 04:36 PM
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/175471-c3350i-c4050i-starter-toners-waisted.html?highlight=C4050i

emujo2
06-28-2023, 08:54 PM
I don't see C4050i mentioned in this thread, it's about C250i and as I already noted those switches are found in bizhub C250i service manual....doesn't mean "by default" it is common with A4 color i models.
As a side note - maybe you can use Engine Switch No.6 for C4050i for similar purpose.

I see posts that have ZERO to do with the OP question, I see posts offering solutions long after the problem has been solved, I see posts that are hijacked and go off on a tangent, and I don't see you admonishing them for the posts, but I simply add that the A4s are not the same switch and "I'm barkking up the wrong tree"?? Wow...

tsbservice
06-28-2023, 10:07 PM
I see posts that have ZERO to do with the OP question, I see posts offering solutions long after the problem has been solved, I see posts that are hijacked and go off on a tangent, and I don't see you admonishing them for the posts, but I simply add that the A4s are not the same switch and "I'm barkking up the wrong tree"?? Wow...

Who and where asked/commented about A4s in this thread exactly before you :confused:

Since where we compare enduser's lame posts with more than experienced service manager posts :confused:

You should known better... but good try your techs will be proud with you tomorrow.

Custom Search