PDA

View Full Version : Konica bizhub c224e light streaks through color copies only

Custom Search

DOE
10-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Have a bizhub c224e where I get light streaks through color copies only they are about an eighth of an inch wide and run from lead to Trail Edge. 4 consumable Life the developer units for all the color are on 45% and for the drum units the magenta and yellow are at 69% and the black and cyan are at zero. The Imaging transfer belt unit is at 0% but the transfer roller unit is at 95%. Do you think the color units even though only at 45% need a good developer change. Black copies are perfect no streaks. Also seems like streaks only run through the lighter colors and where the colors are dark you don't see it has much. Also don't seem to get streaks to red on the copies

Phil B.
10-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Have a bizhub c224e where I get light streaks through color copies only they are about an eighth of an inch wide and run from lead to Trail Edge. 4 consumable Life the developer units for all the color are on 45% and for the drum units the magenta and yellow are at 69% and the black and cyan are at zero. The Imaging transfer belt unit is at 0% but the transfer roller unit is at 95%. Do you think the color units even though only at 45% need a good developer change. Black copies are perfect no streaks. Also seems like streaks only run through the lighter colors and where the colors are dark you don't see it has much. Also don't seem to get streaks to red on the copies

please post examples of the defect

copier tech
10-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Have you tried cleaning the print head? (use the tool inside the front door)

darry1322
10-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Go into test mode and run halftone patterns from each color at around 128 for density. This should isolate which color is responsible.

tsbservice
10-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Have you tried cleaning the print head? (use the tool inside the front door)

Sounds so simple, yet perfect :D
On a side note, they put cleaning rod(tool) higher on new i-series A3 machines. I like that idea.

allan
10-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Yea the doctor gaps can gets clogged with gerbil fur. Nice and thin thing to get in between the blade and the roller like paper that hardly ever works, guess i need to get another feeler gauge.
But when it starts doing that its just going to happen again. A sieve for the die hard's out there could help.

Or remove the laser completely and check it properly.
Compared to other machines these are a breeze.

Does these streaks on the color match up with each other?

blackcat4866
10-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Samples? Try this:

Custom Search