PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c1070 scratches drum at 100k

Custom Search

jpablo_mza
10-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Good morning. We have a c1070 team that at 100k damaged the cyan, at 105k the yellow and at 120k the black, with the group of technicians we did not find the apparent cause of the problem, attached some photos of both the cylinders and the counters to know Your opinion amount. The machine has 920k :mad::mad:. Dr were placed in May and the manufacturing date is January 2019.

Any comments will be very well received. Thank you

allan
10-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Gerbil fur underneath the cleaning blade?
Looks more polished thru than scratched, better close up on that drum would help.

jpablo_mza
10-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Exact Allan is more of a polish than a scratch, damaged cylinders were disassembled and nothing was found under the cleaning blades or the lubricating roller. That is the photo in which you can most notice the defender. Thank you

jpablo_mza
10-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Trying to get a better photo for the forum I notice that the top sheet is detached with extreme ease, this will be normal, or obviously my problem comes from the failed cylinders, (in one of the photos the stripes are notoriously visible)

Phil B.
10-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Trying to get a better photo for the forum I notice that the top sheet is detached with extreme ease, this will be normal, or obviously my problem comes from the failed cylinders, (in one of the photos the stripes are notoriously visible)

are you using Genuine OEM drums/toners?
what gsm of paper being used?
rough smooth paper?
do you see any dev powder loose in the machine?

jpablo_mza
10-01-2019, 10:15 PM
are you using Genuine OEM drums/toners?
what gsm of paper being used?
rough smooth paper?
do you see any dev powder loose in the machine?

Everyone who uses the machine is original, the gms of the paper are from 120 to 300 anyway I don't think that affects, and there is no rest of developer inside

Phil B.
10-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Everyone who uses the machine is original, the gms of the paper are from 120 to 300 anyway I don't think that affects, and there is no rest of developer inside

IF the paper settings aren't right ( set for plain but heavy 1) There will be more wear and tear on all parts involved in image formation and paper movement.

grain of the paper/gloss/roughness ALL play a factor in the copy process!

that's Basics 101!

jpablo_mza
10-01-2019, 10:44 PM
IF the paper settings aren't right ( set for plain but heavy 1) There will be more wear and tear on all parts involved in image formation and paper movement.

grain of the paper/gloss/roughness ALL play a factor in the copy process!

that's Basics 101!

The configuration is appropriate for each type of paper, which are always smooth of medium weight, so the possibility that this decreases the life of the dr to 30% was discarded, however I would agree that the parts most affected by the type Paper is the transport of paper, second transfer and fuser or not?

Phil B.
10-01-2019, 11:03 PM
The configuration is appropriate for each type of paper, which are always smooth of medium weight, so the possibility that this decreases the life of the dr to 30% was discarded, however I would agree that the parts most affected by the type Paper is the transport of paper, second transfer and fuser or not?

300gsm is not medium weight. Are they printing on business card type stock? That is approximately 350gsm.
Also is it A4/ltr? Or lgl/lgr? Size incorrectly clocked will also play a factor in this.
Yes all of that, + feed components, motors,clutches, bushings the whole mess.
31+ years in field, I have seen some REALLY weird situations, that experience only helps in understanding WHAT/HOW things are affected by: enviroment (dust/vapors/heat) power (too many issues to go thru) supplies, USERS (lets NOT go there ;-) )

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
10-01-2019, 11:37 PM
In this case, I think that paper weight and configuration would not affect drum wear. Since the drums never contact the paper or are even exposed to paper dust, I can't see how paper could affect drum wear. Any residual paper dust on the primary transfer belt would be collected by the transfer belt cleaner.

Developer density and/or life could account for premature drum wear. Developer particles caught by the drum blade could account for drum wear. Poor toner density as a result of running developer past 150% could cause drum wear. Generic toner could contribute to drum wear.

All that being said, I've seen new drums with flaws on copies, but invisible to the eye.

If you are that concerned with drum wear, I think I'd start with some new developers. =^..^=

jpablo_mza
10-02-2019, 12:44 AM
In this case, I think that paper weight and configuration would not affect drum wear. Since the drums never contact the paper or are even exposed to paper dust, I can't see how paper could affect drum wear. Any residual paper dust on the primary transfer belt would be collected by the transfer belt cleaner.

Developer density and/or life could account for premature drum wear. Developer particles caught by the drum blade could account for drum wear. Poor toner density as a result of running developer past 150% could cause drum wear. Generic toner could contribute to drum wear.

All that being said, I've seen new drums with flaws on copies, but invisible to the eye.

If you are that concerned with drum wear, I think I'd start with some new developers. =^..^=

Really the worrying thing is the small amount of copies that the drum have for the high cost, the developers have 120k just like the cylinders, I fully agree with you that the papers would not influence the life of the drum, which other recommendation you have with regarding developer density. Thank you

DigiMan
10-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Ive had mixed results with some similar cases and havent really found a "solution".
On these machines ive had drums that failed on 200k clicks and some that failed at 50k.
Everything is OEM and the machines are regularly cleaned.The production consists mostly of 150-300gsm 330x478 with medium to heavy coverage.
I asked KM a lot of times about this problem but i never get an answer nor have i found one of my own so...bump from me as well i guess?

blackcat4866
10-03-2019, 01:22 AM
My only customers that get 249% of drum life set their image quality standards quite low.

I entirely agree with Digiman. =^..^=

Custom Search