PDA

View Full Version : C7000 Print Heads dropping like flies.

Custom Search

wjurls
10-02-2019, 03:22 AM
Hello folks. I have a customer with a C7000 that recently threw a C4502 (Tilt correction motor error) Magenta. I swapped the yellow and magenta print heads and voila, C4501 (yellow tilt)

Easy money right? Order up a refurbished PH unit and installed it in the now yellow position.
While running test pages it printed about 30 pages then locked up and throws a P4717 (Black laser index fail) Reset machine, start running again and C4717 came back. I then remove the index sensor from the bunk magenta unit that was previously removed and put it in the black print head and off we go. Then it throws a C4715 (Magenta index) WTF?? So I swap the magenta and Yellow print head to see if I get a C4714 instead. Sure enough I do. Finding it hard to imagine 3 failed print heads at the same time I am very apprehensive but we order a second refurbished print head anyway. I install it today and go meticulously through the adjustments as per the SM. Start running some prints and it all looks good until It throws a freaking C4716 (Cyan Index). Now I'm seriously getting irritated.

Has anyone seen something like this happen? The 2 replacement print heads never throw a code. I did notice that the filter for the print head area was completely clogged with dust before starting the work. Could the excess heat have ruined the lasers or index sensors?

I appreciate any input
Thanks
Lee

Phil B.
10-02-2019, 05:42 AM
Hello folks. I have a customer with a C7000 that recently threw a C4502 (Tilt correction motor error) Magenta. I swapped the yellow and magenta print heads and voila, C4501 (yellow tilt)

Start running some prints and it all looks good until It throws a freaking C4716 (Cyan Index). Now I'm seriously getting irritated.

Has anyone seen something like this happen? The 2 replacement print heads never throw a code.

***I did notice that the filter for the print head area was completely clogged with dust before starting the work. Could the excess heat have ruined the lasers or index sensors?***

I appreciate any input Thanks Lee

are the filters easily replaced?
can you vac/blow out the filter?
using generics?
condition of the interior of the unit?
total pages?
maintenance done on time/properly?
could have cleaning the PH's prevented the failure?
what is the environment like? dusty/hot/dry/humid/vapor filled/open ship-receive doors?

so many variables to consider!

wjurls
10-02-2019, 04:11 PM
are the filters easily replaced?
can you vac/blow out the filter?
using generics?
condition of the interior of the unit?
total pages?
maintenance done on time/properly?
could have cleaning the PH's prevented the failure?
what is the environment like? dusty/hot/dry/humid/vapor filled/open ship-receive doors?

so many variables to consider!

Thanks for the response Phil. Machine was previously services by KM which is never a good sign.

Clean office environment. When units pulled out they had a mild amount of dust buildup on top but nothing excessive. Units that were opened up were immaculate inside.

The filter is readily accessible and easy to clean but it's location keeps it obscured by the PFU and therefore I assume "out of sight, out of mind"

All parts and supplies OEM.

Risu
10-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Tn-616 toner+good condition developer used?

wjurls
10-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Tn-616 toner+good condition developer used?

All OEM supplies in good working order. Index errors are internal to the print heads and independent of any actual image processing problems.

Custom Search