PDA

View Full Version : "4" series, only 2 tray jams, here is the fix

Custom Search

copyman
10-02-2019, 10:44 PM
I just had this on 2 machines this week so figured I would post it since I don't recall seeing it on this forum. Maybe it will help someone else out not to waste extra time.

Symptom: Tray 1 will feed fine but tray 2 jams everytime. I thought it was just feed rollers since the meter was around 100K. Rollers didn't help. Took closer look and saw the tabs were broken that the door hooks latch onto. One machine both tabs were broke but only tray 2 was affected. These tabs are on the small front cover that has the 2 tiny pwb / led's for paper empty indicators next to paper trays. Look at 2 hooks on right side door and slowly close door and you will see the tabs they latch to.

Woxner
10-03-2019, 12:42 AM
i think there is a bulliten where they change the style if this part

copyman
10-03-2019, 01:01 AM
i think there is a bulliten where they change the style if this part

Thanks wox, I will look for bulletin.

I was thinking there should be more reinforcement and looking at them they look like they would break more often! Mostly by people slamming the door pissed off after a jam or like one of the two I had this week happen during transportation from my wholesaler. Must of rolled and banged into right side door pushing door in and breaking tabs.

Custom Search