PDA

View Full Version : Konica C550 Smudge Marks

Custom Search

BrentV
10-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I am trying to print a newsletter on 11x17 doublesided glossy 80 lb xerox paper on a Konica Minolta C550. It has worked in the past but this time I am getting major smudge marks longwise on the paper. The smudge marks for the most part go the length of the paper and are varied in color but mostly black. They are not terrible dark but fairly light. Any suggestions other than some major replacements. I have about 150,000 total prints on this copier and it was bought brand new. Brent

bigmark
10-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Make sure you are setting the copier to the proper thick paper mode. You can also set the machine to quality, instead of speed for fuser settings in the tech mode. It sounds like you have toner not fusing to the paper and its transfering to the next sheet.

moonwalker3778
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
There was a guide sheet modification for this prob. prob happening coz of the static charge on paper guide (after transfer roller) atracting toner on it and comes on backside of the paper.

moonwalker3778
10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
sorry for the wrong sol. I thought it in anotherway.
for u r prob the sol is check paper type,paper dust accumilated in image transfer belt cleanig section.

Haroldbfix
02-19-2009, 09:39 PM
I am trying to print a newsletter on 11x17 doublesided glossy 80 lb xerox paper on a Konica Minolta C550. It has worked in the past but this time I am getting major smudge marks longwise on the paper. The smudge marks for the most part go the length of the paper and are varied in color but mostly black. They are not terrible dark but fairly light. Any suggestions other than some major replacements. I have about 150,000 total prints on this copier and it was bought brand new. Brent

Where you able to resolve this issue.

BrentV
02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Not really. This does not happen on other paper just on the doublesided glossy 80lb cover paper. Typically it happens when printing doublesided. It hasn't been terrible lately so I don't worry about it until it gets worse.

Custom Search