PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 Missing Cyan Color (K/Y/M working)

Custom Search

MitchHPprint
10-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Quick Version of Below: Cyan Color missing from print, Black, magenta and yellow colors working. OEM Drum, Toner replaced. Overtoned at TCR-C Level History 1 detection, can't lower with Halftones since it doesn't apply cyan. Developing Unit (Cyan) on order.

-----------------------------------------
Background of Issue: Device was spilling some cyan toner on the page occasionally (C/K/Y/M) were all working otherwise. I came to device and saw Dev units, drums, image transfer belt unit, and Fuser are wayyy past suggested replacement dates :( (2013 yield dates-yikes!). According to the location they've been getting C-2552 errors for years and just open and shut the door to clear error.

Repair: I replaced the cyan drum with a Non-OEM and I could see clear signs that it was used when it arrived :( but figured what the heck put it in and went to see if it would clear up some of the toner getting occasionally smeared on page. Instead cyan color then went missing completely after about a week (the Half-tone full page cyan print comes out mostly blank minus an inch at the top where it's super faded.). Tried everything that was automatic in the Imaging Process Adjustment menu of the Service menu. So I had them order a OEM cyan drum. No change. OEM Cyan Developing unit now on order.

Closing Notes: Any tips or tricks would be awesome. The cyan toner hopper area is completely full where the other colors have small divets. May just be normal. I'm not sure how to tell if it's draining since they don't have an empty cyan toner cartridge and because it's not using Cyan. Does anyone know how to test if the hopper is operational? I did pull out the old Dev unit and dump from the hose area and a lot of toner came out. This increased the TCR-C sensor % weirdly.

This is for a church and found me through connections I'm just being kind to help them with my Print tech knowledge they don't have the cashflow to setup a contract with an official MPS company. Can't offer anyone who provides suggestions much other then thanks and blessing!
------------------------------------

copyman
10-05-2019, 11:29 PM
"Genuine" Cyan Dev unit will solve your problem. Keep in mind "any" other consumable over life will cause developer units to dump. Sorry to say you should change the other "over life" drums or it will keep making dev units crash. Tell customer if they want to risk $600 EACH for developer units because of over life drums it's their call. What more do they want they saved a lot of money not having to replace drums when called for! You can make some money by using all black drums and changing the chips. FYI most new drums will have chip riveted in so should get the chips with cutouts to fit around rivet after breaking new black chips out to use in color.

There are several bulletins on dev units crashing, basically when drums are way over life the drum unit has HV short causing developer loss.

MitchHPprint
10-06-2019, 02:53 AM
Thanks I appreciate your response.

Gotcha, that sounds good I've replaced the black, cyan, magenta drums already. I'll have them order a yellow drum as well. I'll update further when the cyan dev unit is replaced. Probably take several days to receive. I'm waiting for them to call me when it comes in.

copyman
10-06-2019, 05:01 AM
Thanks I appreciate your response.

Gotcha, that sounds good I've replaced the black, cyan, magenta drums already. I'll have them order a yellow drum as well. I'll update further when the cyan dev unit is replaced. Probably take several days to receive. I'm waiting for them to call me when it comes in.

If all drum replaced you should be good to go. After replacing the Dev unit, take out transfer belt, open the IDC shutter and blow them off with canned air, wipe belt off with soft cloth and reinstall. Do graduation adj and you should be good to go.

Phil B.
10-06-2019, 06:20 AM
If all drum replaced you should be good to go. After replacing the Dev unit, take out transfer belt, open the IDC shutter and blow them off with canned air, wipe belt off with soft cloth and reinstall. Do graduation adj and you should be good to go.

+1 on this..

I have always used " Stretch N Dust " Yellow loose weave cloths .. like name implies open the sheet.. stretch the cloth against grain.. they are good until they turn BLACK with toner..
wrap them around the end of a hemostat , you can get into corners.. like a toner magnet!

https://www.amazon.com/Furniture-Printers-Electronics-Chicopee-Unfolded/dp/B004MDLZO6?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004MDLZO6

HP used to send 1 out with Toner and Fuser purchases years ago.. now white shitty towels and gloves (sometimes) They are USA made in NC!

tsbservice
10-06-2019, 11:27 AM
"Genuine" Cyan Dev unit will solve your problem. Keep in mind "any" other consumable over life will cause developer units to dump. Sorry to say you should change the other "over life" drums or it will keep making dev units crash. Tell customer if they want to risk $600 EACH for developer units because of over life drums it's their call. What more do they want they saved a lot of money not having to replace drums when called for! You can make some money by using all black drums and changing the chips. FYI most new drums will have chip riveted in so should get the chips with cutouts to fit around rivet after breaking new black chips out to use in color.

There are several bulletins on dev units crashing, basically when drums are way over life the drum unit has HV short causing developer loss.

Although these bulletins are for 4-series they may apply also here, but I will swap developer units say between cyan and magenta. What will happen? If magenta is missing then you likely have drive problem and have to inspect cyan developer drive. If problem moves with cyan developer unit then I agree, You will have to change it.

copyman
10-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Although these bulletins are for 4-series they may apply also here, but I will swap developer units say between cyan and magenta. What will happen? If magenta is missing then you likely have drive problem and have to inspect cyan developer drive. If problem moves with cyan developer unit then I agree, You will have to change it.

Yes bulletins are for the "4" series but the C220 series are same footprint with drums & developer units. I have seen C220 dev units crash but not nearliy as much as the "4" series.

Personally I wouldn't swap dev units and chance crashing another dev unit. I have swapped drums and developer units for other types of troubleshooting but not sure I would try it here. It's very simple to see if dev unit crashed look at developer mag roller and you will see hardly any developer on it. Or you can run halftone test page and it will look like attached picture.

MitchHPprint
10-15-2019, 12:00 AM
{Resolved}

Thanks Everyone,

For the posts and attachment. The cyan developer unit replacement did solve the issue seen. Quality was restored and cyan printing came back.

Phil B.
10-15-2019, 02:40 AM
{Resolved}

Thanks Everyone,

For the posts and attachment. The cyan developer unit replacement did solve the issue seen. Quality was restored and cyan printing came back.Good job Brother .. we try yo help.. but over the net..not being there.. we can really only give hints/tips/real life experiences
Again congrats.. you will remember this for a long time!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hansoon
10-15-2019, 02:44 AM
Yes bulletins are for the "4" series but the C220 series are same footprint with drums & developer units. I have seen C220 dev units crash but not nearliy as much as the "4" series.

Personally I wouldn't swap dev units and chance crashing another dev unit. I have swapped drums and developer units for other types of troubleshooting but not sure I would try it here. It's very simple to see if dev unit crashed look at developer mag roller and you will see hardly any developer on it. Or you can run halftone test page and it will look like attached picture.

Thanks Copyman for the attachment, but it shows only page 1. Could you please post the remaining pages?

Thanks!

Hans

copyman
10-15-2019, 03:14 AM
Attached is complete bulletin

Hansoon
10-15-2019, 03:25 AM
Attached is complete bulletin

Thanks Pal!

Hans

Custom Search