PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C458 with FK-514

Custom Search

kenpio
10-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Hello,

Have a customer that has the above mentioned machine. The customer is a medical equipment provider. They have to fax large documents, up to 140 pages! Right now the most they can get through is about 40 pages and the machine disconnects and they cannot get any more through. Right now the machine has G00-G3 controller firmware. I will attach fax report. I will update firmware, I did not see anything in the firmware newer than this one, but that is always the thing to do.

Thanks
KEN43762

tsbservice
10-08-2019, 04:47 PM
It won't hurt to do newer FW as your is quite old, but I also doubt if that may help.
What're errors in transmition report? Also you may try to initialize fax board.

Woxner
10-08-2019, 05:07 PM
doing as last post is one thing. sometimes reformatting the hdd is another. you can also try a fax file format under fax tab. i have customers doing same or more pages with no problem. if you do hdd back it up first

rrrohan
10-09-2019, 08:29 AM
I had a lawyer who use to send huge fax jobs and complained it was failing.

turns out the recipient was cancelling it on their end so they could send a urgent fax themselves as often it would take 30 mins for these big fax jobs to finish sending

Max
10-09-2019, 10:42 PM
I seam to remember there was an issue with a fax when they 1st came out. Firmware fixed it. Also try EU in fax option and not GB. Sometimes works. Turn off ECM on send if available, as it can drop the line if too many errors.
Recommend them to join 21 century and use scan to email.

Synthohol
10-09-2019, 10:46 PM
scan it to PC then use PCfax driver to send.
for whatever reason it worked at the acct i tried it at.
when faxed through the feeder it would bail out halfway through sending.
it may be a fluke but it's worth a try.

Bix
10-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Hi, make sure you have the correct market set up. For Europe it is EU.

You could try to reduce the speed TX and disable ECM.

kenpio
10-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Went back to customer and turned the ECM off and updated the firmware to the latest and greatest! G00-W5. We will see what happens here. I guess the reason they have to fax is the HIPPA laws. The old fashion is the most private. If this does not work I told them that we would try to figure out the fax from PC thing.

Thanks
KEN

emujo2
10-11-2019, 06:49 PM
RightFax and other softwares like this are HIPPA compliant...we have many customers using this in Hosptals. Once you can show them that the savings (cost of each copper fax line, outpages on devices, speed--no more busy/redial, cost of fax boards) is there, many will switch over..Not cost effective with 5-10 devices, but once you get into 40, 50 and higher, the savings pay for the original outlay. E

Synthohol
10-11-2019, 10:01 PM
if you put W5 on it did you change bit sw 25 to b0?
hope so.

kenpio
10-13-2019, 05:43 PM
No I did not... Is this important?

tsbservice
10-13-2019, 07:03 PM
No I did not... Is this important?

Yes it is. You're asking for weird troubles if not.

Synthohol
10-13-2019, 07:29 PM
Every firmware has an accompanying reade file that has instructions for install.

tsbservice
10-13-2019, 08:16 PM
Every firmware has an accompanying reade file that has instructions for install.

This SW25 thing may be confused as many other models didn't have it when it comes to FW update.
Still I would not dare to do FW update of any make/model without reading doc/pdf coming with FW file/s.

rrrohan
10-14-2019, 05:39 AM
why would you get weird problems if you dont use function 4.2

thats just the highest function level it supports. ive never had dramas using 4.1 instead of 4.2

tsbservice
10-14-2019, 07:44 AM
Just the fact that someone get lucky is NOT a part of my practices.
I prefer to stick to setting right HEX Assignment in SW25, it takes like 30 seconds.

emujo2
10-14-2019, 02:24 PM
You can have a MFP at W5 and the function version as far back as you want (with the exception of firmware releases that include a mandentory function change)..The new firmware addresses problems while the function verison add new features and can also remove some items. E

kenpio
10-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Yes I found it in the firmware pdf, it is just way at the bottom. I will pay more attention to this in other firmware updates. I will go to the customer and change this. I am happy that this customer is not 2 hours away and it is a couple miles down the street.

Thanks
KEN

kenpio
10-14-2019, 07:23 PM
So I went to the customer and switched 25 to B0. Before I did this the customer said that it was printing slow. Would this help that? You were talking of weird problems. They did print after I did this and it seemed okay to me.

Thanks
KEN

Synthohol
10-15-2019, 01:43 AM
it definitely didnt hurt anything.

srvctec
10-16-2019, 10:01 PM
So I went to the customer and switched 25 to B0. Before I did this the customer said that it was printing slow. Would this help that? You were talking of weird problems. They did print after I did this and it seemed okay to me.

Thanks
KEN

Did you power off the main power switch after changing SW25 to B0? If not, the new changes afforded by that setting will not be realized. Also, the Pagescope web interface won't work properly until you power cycle the machine after changing SW25.

Custom Search