PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Kyocera users forget pin then can't delete job from private print queue

Custom Search

copier tech
10-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Hi all,

We have a few users at multiple sites using secure print but when they forget their private pin the jobs can't be deleted.

My colleagues are formatting the HDD to delete these jobs.

This seems a bit drastic does anyone have another solution!?

blackcat4866
10-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Utilities like KM Net Viewer can do this.

Xer0615
10-09-2019, 08:15 PM

Maybe I am mistaken, as a n00bie, but with the proper administrator credentials couldn't you simply change the PIN to anything you wanted from Command Center RX?

blackcat4866
10-09-2019, 08:17 PM
I don't think so. Those pesky boxes are hard to get rid of without the original password.

copier tech
10-09-2019, 08:19 PM

I thought there must be a way. So these private jobs can be deleted without knowing the password?

blackcat4866
10-09-2019, 08:24 PM
I thought there must be a way. So these private jobs can be deleted without knowing the password?

True.

copier tech
10-09-2019, 08:31 PM
True.

There must be a simulation code surely!? (not hdd format)

JPazy
10-09-2019, 09:30 PM
maybe newer versions of netviewer or through the command center will allow them to be deleted. older machines may require a HDD format to delete those jobs. Back up HDD with U917 to save yourself extra work programming the address book, network settings, mgmt codes etc.

tcook
10-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Can you expand on this? I can't find a way to cancel the job through Net Viewer.

Santander
10-10-2019, 12:20 AM
After you get the private print jobs deleted, you should go into the job box setup and turn on deletion of job retention. You can choose 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day or 1 week. If the private print is not printed out by the end of the retention time, the machine will delete it automatically without user intervention or a pin. This only applies to jobs stored after it is setup, prior jobs will not be deleted. In net viewer you can delete jobs as follows:
Deleting Stored Jobs
You can delete one or more Temporary or Permanent print jobs from hard disk memory.

In any Device view, select a device.

In the Device menu, click Stored jobs.

In the Stored Jobs dialog box, select a delete option in the toolbar:

Select a print job from the list. Click Delete > Delete selected jobs.
For Temporary jobs, click Delete > Delete temporary jobs.
For Permanent jobs, click Delete > Delete permanent jobs.
For all jobs stored in the device, select Delete all jobs.

Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box to finish.

Hope this helps.

blackcat4866
10-10-2019, 12:25 AM
Can you expand on this? I can't find a way to cancel the job through Net Viewer.

OK, I was wrong.

I looked through KM Net Viewer, KM-Net Admin, and the PreScribe commands. Any time user box deletion comes up it requires knowing the old password.

copier tech
10-10-2019, 07:38 AM
After you get the private print jobs deleted, you should go into the job box setup and turn on deletion of job retention. You can choose 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day or 1 week. If the private print is not printed out by the end of the retention time, the machine will delete it automatically without user intervention or a pin. This only applies to jobs stored after it is setup, prior jobs will not be deleted. In net viewer you can delete jobs as follows:
Deleting Stored Jobs

You can delete one or more Temporary or Permanent print jobs from hard disk memory.

In any Device view, select a device.
In the Device menu, click Stored jobs.
In the Stored Jobs dialog box, select a delete option in the toolbar:

Select a print job from the list. Click Delete > Delete selected jobs.
For Temporary jobs, click Delete > Delete temporary jobs.
For Permanent jobs, click Delete > Delete permanent jobs.
For all jobs stored in the device, select Delete all jobs.

Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box to finish.

Hope this helps.

Perfect thanks for all the info.

However as blackcat mentioned can you confirm when deleting a permanent job you're not prompted for the pin!?

tonerleak
10-11-2019, 12:28 AM
I have had service calls for this issue a couple of times and you need the PIN to delete jobs in the Job Box. The obvious solution would be to have all users register their PIN with network admin so if/when someone leaves they could remove that account and all print jobs associated with it.

Santander
10-11-2019, 12:55 AM
Perfect thanks for all the info.

However as blackcat mentioned can you confirm when deleting a permanent job you're not prompted for the pin!?

Personally, I have not had a situation where I needed to delete private print jobs using netviewer. However the netviewer manual states that you can do it without the pin number. At least it is worth a try. You could try it on units in your office before going out to the user. For my own edification I will try it on several units in the showroom in the morning.

Firthy
10-11-2019, 03:17 AM
Hi all,

We have a few users at multiple sites using secure print but when they forget their private pin the jobs can't be deleted.

My colleagues are formatting the HDD to delete these jobs.

This seems a bit drastic does anyone have another solution!?

I'm a bit late to the party but, are the jobs getting stored in the job box? If so there is a setting to auto clear stored jobs every "X" min in "document box/usb drive"

Doesn't solve them forgetting pin but keeps the job box clear.

kola28
10-21-2019, 11:24 AM
in 2553ci

i can set the auto delete box timing to 1day or 1 hrs in system menu.something like that.

after you have change the auto delete timer.

restart the machine

after booting the machine.

change the machine system date to 1 year later

restart the machine.

now the private print data file may deleted

then restore the orginal setting.

done

JimHegs
10-22-2022, 12:53 AM
in 2553ci

i can set the auto delete box timing to 1day or 1 hrs in system menu.something like that.

after you have change the auto delete timer.

restart the machine

after booting the machine.

change the machine system date to 1 year later

restart the machine.

now the private print data file may deleted

then restore the orginal setting.

done

Thanks, this worked great. And as an added BTW, it only got rid of the Job Box jobs (private print items) it left the Custom Box jobs alone.

Custom Search