PDA

View Full Version : 4e and 8 series drum unit

Custom Search

jwai
10-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone,

How to disassembly the drum out of the drum unit?

Regards

Phil B.
10-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone, How to disassembly the drum out of the drum unit?
Regards

most times you just have to sit down... and figure it out. UNLESS they are meant to be rebuilt, it is a trial and error job. If they are meant to be rebuilt it would be in the SM.

Bix
10-10-2019, 04:26 PM
hello, is it possible to provide the reason? it's easy to make mistakes. Konica Minolta supplies the entire drum.

jwai
10-10-2019, 04:50 PM
hello, is it possible to provide the reason? it's easy to make mistakes. Konica Minolta supplies the entire drum.

Hi, since one 8 series had been scratched with one dot on the back side of drum with undefined reason, so I want to exchange the drum only with an used one on good condition.
P.S. The machine only prints 2XX color counter.

tsbservice
10-10-2019, 05:02 PM
most times you just have to sit down... and figure it out. UNLESS they are meant to be rebuilt, it is a trial and error job. If they are meant to be rebuilt it would be in the SM.
Exactly!:D
It's a good idea to take shot drum unit and drill it BEFORE you really need to do it on life one ;)
I think I do it once before on 8series drum unit. There was some thinkering before I figure out how to unscrew drum from drum drive gear, though.

copyman
10-10-2019, 06:27 PM
I rebuild all the 4 series drum units all the time. Not hard at all. Plus now all the parts are available, drum, blade, grid, sawtooth charge plate. Haven't done an 8 yet so not sure if the same. There are no instructions and not easy to explain so you have to wing it. Lay all parts out in order and reverse to reassemble.

Maybe take apart a few bad drums first to see how it goes.

allan
10-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Exactly!:D
It's a good idea to take shot drum unit and drill it BEFORE you really need to do it on life one ;)
I think I do it once before on 8series drum unit. There was some thinkering before I figure out how to unscrew drum from drum drive gear, though.

Hehe one of those lefty tighty moves...
Problem with replacing the cylinder and blade is by the time that seems like an option corrosion would have set in on the grid...

copier tech
10-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone,

How to disassembly the drum out of the drum unit?

Regards

Done this a few times blue front cover off then 3 screws to remove the front bracket & unscrew the drive gear on the back.

You can also fit black to colour just need to swap the chip & the front bracket.

jwai
10-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Thank you all guys !!

Bix
10-11-2019, 03:27 PM
A curiosity but .. Where can small spare parts be recovered? From other consumables used but in good condition? In the KM part list I don't find spare parts for drums/fusers. For example, to rebuild a fuser or drum, who do you supply from?

tsbservice
10-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Open Aliexpress, in search put ie. DR-512K, voila.

tsbservice
10-12-2019, 12:29 PM
A curiosity but .. Where can small spare parts be recovered? From other consumables used but in good condition? In the KM part list I don't find spare parts for drums/fusers. For example, to rebuild a fuser or drum, who do you supply from?

Open Aliexpress, in search put ie. DR-512, voila.

copyman
10-12-2019, 01:57 PM

No OEM parts available. Have to use aftermarket mostly from China. I use Copylite.com here is USA. Maybe they ship to your country?

lazymangr
07-03-2020, 07:55 AM
hey. have anyone found spare parts for the color drums holder-spacer so i can add black drums on color unit but build them in the office and not in customers office?

tsbservice
07-03-2020, 09:10 AM
hey. have anyone found spare parts for the color drums holder-spacer so i can add black drums on color unit but build them in the office and not in customers office?
On new black drums KM changed that part and now you cannot exchange end parts just like that.

lazymangr
07-03-2020, 09:45 AM
yeah i am aware of that. i just ask if there are parts so i can do it in my office and just go to customer and plug and play instead of swapping the covers on field

copier tech
07-03-2020, 05:47 PM
yeah i am aware of that. i just ask if there are parts so i can do it in my office and just go to customer and plug and play instead of swapping the covers on field

You can swap these over at the customer they wont notice.

In fact if they see you taking out screws etc it makes them feel they are getting value for money rather than you walking up to the copier, opening the door fit & drum & leave without the need for tools!

tsbservice
07-03-2020, 06:10 PM
You can swap these over at the customer they wont notice.

In fact if they see you taking out screws etc it makes them feel they are getting value for money rather than you walking up to the copier, opening the door fit & drum & leave without the need for tools!

Good point but only for new customers. If they used to see you before just sliding drums out/in it may be uncomfortable atleast. Still chips should be kept for the shop ;)

femaster
07-03-2020, 11:14 PM
On new black drums KM changed that part and now you cannot exchange end parts just like that.

Can you explain this a little better, like what was changed, etc? I've been laid off for a few months here, and within the last 2 weeks have gone back to work. Curious about what has changed as I haven't had the luxury of swapping in a black drum for a color on the 8-series since probably Aug or Set of 2019. I don't believe we have ordered any new drums since probably Dec either. Not sure when the transition happened.

This is something we do at the place I work for, and I bet they don't even know this has happened, so I want to be prepared for the day I go to swap this out and I can't...

fatduke
07-06-2020, 08:09 AM
Hi man,

I had a bad issue with series 8 drums, is better to buy original one than refurbishing one of them.

Also screws and plastic components are calibrated by manufacturing company.

Cheers!

AL parts
07-07-2020, 08:22 AM
Open Aliexpress, in search put ie. DR-512K, voila.
alibaba.com Better than Aliexpress.

Bix
07-07-2020, 08:29 AM
alibaba.com Better than Aliexpress.

Isn't it the same owner?

AL parts
07-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Isn't it the same owner?
yes
From the same company,
The two platforms are still different
alibaba.com Major Wholesale