PDA

View Full Version : C452 with not the lines of shame.

Custom Search

allan
10-10-2019, 07:55 PM
43776 43775

Two PDF's one the demo page with nice artifacts to look at in bewilderment.
The other a gradation page.

So if I print the bird LEF or SEF the lines follow the image directions not the feed direction. Only LEF follows feed direction.
That pretty much eliminates the engine with the nice gradation and the weird fact that the lines are in the same place LEF and SEF repeatably.

Faulty memory buffer?

The machine is missing a yellow toner bottle...

tsbservice
10-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Color copy show lines of course? Eliminate scanner part, I don't think demo page and gradations have something to do with it. This bird page lines are strange. Weird test - open front door and push laser slit cleaning rod in one of its slots halfway. Block front door and WTB sensors and print bird page.

Definitely will check out solutions tomorrow and come back.

Synthohol
10-10-2019, 09:38 PM
dunno about color but i had that on a mono box years ago and all that fixed it was the laser.
hope something simple like FW will fix yours.

allan
10-11-2019, 02:18 PM
Now found that if i remove the rear covers and poke around the pattern inverts from voids to lines.
Bad solder or bad connector could be possible. Not sure.
Doubt it is FW.

darry1322
10-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Now found that if i remove the rear covers and poke around the pattern inverts from voids to lines.
Bad solder or bad connector could be possible. Not sure.
Doubt it is FW.

Sounds logical. I always want things like this to be firmware but it almost never is.

tsbservice
10-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Allan found that:

Problem
Image quality on copies, prints, internals. Void areas appear at various locations.
Solution
CAUSE: Defective PH unit.

SOLUTION: Replace the PH unit.

allan
10-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Allan found that:

Problem
Image quality on copies, prints, internals. Void areas appear at various locations.
Solution
CAUSE: Defective PH unit.

SOLUTION: Replace the PH unit.

Wish i had a spare PH unit to put that to bed.
Just find it interesting that the lines don't follow the feed direction in both SEF and LEF.
LEF the voids are in feed direction. SEF the voids are in cross feed direction.

blackcat4866
10-13-2019, 02:52 PM
It sounds to me like an image processing issue. I solved an issue like this once by re-seating ribbon cables to the laser unit. I'd also check that you don't have a contact peeling back of the ribbon backing. That is bizarre that the defect rotates with the paper direction. That entirely rules out the engine components. Maybe page memory or HDD? =^..^=

tsbservice
10-13-2019, 03:50 PM
May try to format HDD or usnset?

allan
10-13-2019, 04:24 PM
May try to format HDD or usnset?

Found the HDD unset on trouble shooting and then set it again.
Will report back Tuesday or Wednesday again.
Found a bad looking ribbon cable and trimmed it with no change.

Custom Search