PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Does KM MFPs have lan cards? And another network question

Custom Search

jasper2895
10-11-2019, 05:53 AM
Do MFPs have lan cards(specifically asking for bh367)?

Also on another topic, I ran into a problem where the printer is connected to the lan port of the modem/router(LAN1), the pc's/laptop are connected via WiFi and what happened is the pc's cannot detect the printer even if they were connected to the same modem/network. But the pc's connected(via wifi) can ping each other just fine. Some of my coworkers said about disabling "ap isolation" which would make wired and wireless see each other. Is that really the case? Is there no roundabout way of doing it? Is the cause of the problem really the modem and this "AP isolation" thing?

Bix
10-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Hi, it could be the antivirus installed on PC. Antivirus sometimes block printers for no apparent reason.
You could try connecting the network cable directly between the laptop and the MFP to verify this.

jasper2895
10-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Hi, it could be the antivirus installed on PC. Antivirus sometimes block printers for no apparent reason.
You could try connecting the network cable directly between the laptop and the MFP to verify this.

I did connect the printer-pc directly because they need at least 1pc working for now and it worked just fine with antivirus and firewall both ON so antivirus/firewall is out of the equation.

It seems that the general concensus for my problem is indeed leading to the modem that apparently prevents wired & wireless connections with each other. Just went to their ISP and tried coordinating with them and hope it will fix it.

Custom Search