PDA

View Full Version : c8000 opinions and install - Any indy techs cover Sussex England?

Custom Search

raplma
10-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Hi all
We've been offered first call on a KM c8000, 1.5M on the clock with PF-704, EF-101, RU-508, FS-521, IC601 & IC306 rip

Yes I know these are getting a bit long in the tooth...

However, what are your honest opinions on these machines, fine, ok, stay well away etc.
What they are good at what they aren't, any thoughts welcome
You guys have seen them in the field and know what they are prone to and if they are any good.
If you'd rather not go public then PM me that's fine.

Regards installation:
We've installed all our previous machines which include c451's, c550's c554e's c5501, c6501, c7000 in total we've had 10 machines over 13 years, and all have had various finishing options.

However this time I was wondering if there is an independent tech - nothing against KM techs just that we would prefer independent company - to ensure it is put together correctly, give it a once over and we'd also like to put our SD503 on it - which I assume will need FW.
There is also an issue with the IC601 - I think I know what this will be but just in case it's not what I think I'd need a tech to look at that.
This issue is why it has 2 rips, and if worth it would like to transfer the IC306 to our current c7000 so we can keep it's IC601 as it is used for imposition and would be a back up if the other IC601 goes down - we don't do simple.
So if this is worth doing, we'd have it done at the same time - hence this time having a proper tech on site.
Again feel free to PM if you prefer.

Any thoughts most welcome
Mark

Custom Search