PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c454e problem with fw update

Custom Search

Proffice
10-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Hello guys. I have a problem with a bizhub c454e.
I tried to update the firmware from F000-GD2-K2 to F000-G20-M1.
All the other parts are updated, but the error "Download N.G." appears in the MFP Controller update.
Therefore the machine, when i try to start it, shows me the message
"Error, this is invalid external error. Please make sure the External Memory"
and does not open.
I admit I'm lost. Any suggestions?

blackcat4866
10-12-2019, 04:52 PM
I'm thinking that your firmware was corrupted. I think that I would initialize the MFP board and re-load the firmware. If you haven't done it before it's a bit of a long drawn out process. I spent about half a day the first time:

copyman
10-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Agree with BC. I've had this before as well. I finally loaded the F/W in steps. Went back about 4 older F/W and loaded one at a time until the latest M1 F/w was installed. Also if you keep the USB service port open with NO flash drive installed machine will boot up to ready. That port door actuates a photo sensor and not sure why it boots up when open.

Proffice
10-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Thank you in advance guys. I will first try the older FW and I will give you feedback.

Proffice
10-13-2019, 12:03 PM
I finally managed to install the initial firmware of the machine, so it
boots up just fine. I don't dare to update the firmware.:D
Thank you guys for your help.

blackcat4866
10-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

copyman
10-13-2019, 02:56 PM
I finally managed to install the initial firmware of the machine, so it
boots up just fine. I don't dare to update the firmware.:D
Thank you guys for your help.

You will still need the latest F/W for a lot of issues that F/W corrected over life of copier, office 365 scanning will not work, etc unless F/W is updated. Like I mentioned in previous post I have updated F/W in steps after the issue like you had and always worked.

Custom Search