PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Copy protection of a printed document

Custom Search

fntsy
10-14-2019, 02:50 PM
A client wants to protect a book from illegal copying. There is Copy Protect function in Konica Minolta drivers that works, but puts a gray background on the page. That will be OK for the client if the driver outputs 1 copy protected page every 20 pages and leave 19 unprotected. If the copy protect function is used on every page the book will be hard to read. Do you guys know of a way that can be done?

Synthohol
10-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Use the stamp function to have it print illegal copy so if it is copied the words will appear

emujo2
10-14-2019, 05:31 PM
To my knowledge the copy protect function only works when all of the Konica Minota devices have the feature added, and you are only using KM devices..The copy protect will not work if you walk up to a Cannon and make a copy. E

tsbservice
10-14-2019, 08:03 PM
A client wants to protect a book from illegal copying. There is Copy Protect function in Konica Minolta drivers that works, but puts a gray background on the page. That will be OK for the client if the driver outputs 1 copy protected page every 20 pages and leave 19 unprotected. If the copy protect function is used on every page the book will be hard to read. Do you guys know of a way that can be done?
I'm not sure what copying a book has to do with printer drivers.
Copy Protect function is when text such "Copy" and "Private" are printed in the background pattern as concealed text. When a copy-protected document is copied, the concealed security watermark appears on the entire page.

Synthohol
10-15-2019, 01:44 AM
thats what i meant, thanks TSB.

tsbservice
10-15-2019, 08:37 AM
A client wants to protect a book from illegal copying.
I'm not sure but just for the copy this function is called Copy Guard. To use this function, the optional Security Kit is required. That said ,it's valid if machine is KM bizhub...

fntsy
10-15-2019, 09:41 AM
The client knows how to print the book with a copy protection pattern on every page. His question is - Is it possible to put the pattern just on 1 of every 20 pages?

rrrohan
10-15-2019, 09:50 AM
why not print one copy with copy protect and another without and manually combine them?

fntsy
10-15-2019, 05:36 PM
why not print one copy with copy protect and another without and manually combine them?

That's a good idea. Maybe print 20 unprotected books and 1 whole protected book and than chose random pages to swap them manually.

Custom Search