PDA

View Full Version : C308 intermittent noise

Custom Search

albemero
10-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone, we've a C308 that make intermittent noise. Every 8 or 9 pages printed, see attacched movie. This happen 1site BW.
I have also conducted a Paper passage test and every Load Check without having the noise.
Has anyone experience about?
Thks

Phil B.
10-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone, we've a C308 that make intermittent noise. Every 8 or 9 pages printed, see attached movie. This happen 1site BW.
I have also conducted a Paper passage test and every Load Check without having the noise.
Thks

ummm, maybe I missed the link to the movie?

how many total pages on the machine?
how many pages on the Drums-Fuser-ITB?

I'm not sure but I think the image process area components are disengaged during the paper path test.

have you tried to run a Motor/Gear test?

does this machine have a raise/lower test for either the drums or ITB?

if so run those and get back with us.

albemero
10-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone, we've a C308 that make intermittent noise. Every 8 or 9 pages printed, see attacched movie. This happen 1site BW.
ThksYouTube (https://youtu.be/5RkqbUtQ_Yg)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

albemero
10-16-2019, 08:48 PM
ummm, maybe I missed the link to the movie?

how many total pages on the machine?
how many pages on the Drums-Fuser-ITB?

I'm not sure but I think the image process area components are disengaged during the paper path test.

have you tried to run a Motor/Gear test?

does this machine have a raise/lower test for either the drums or ITB?

if so run those and get back with us.Exact during Paper passage test, there wasn't noise. The machine has printed ca. 74000 pages. I think it's a clutch(ADU or Fusing Unit) or K developer motor.

Phil B.
10-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Exact during Paper passage test, there wasn't noise. The machine has printed ca. 74000 pages. I think it's a clutch(ADU or Fusing Unit) or K developer motor.

sounds like it's coming from exit. did you inspect/lube exit shaft bushings?

you can also jimmy front door switch and hold a long screw drive to outside of drum/fuser/feed/exit areas and put handle to ear to isolate the problem area. 74,000 isn't too much ..
have the drums been pm'd properly?
is it dirty inside around drum/dev/itb?

Woxner
10-17-2019, 12:38 AM
i have heard that before. its the toner motor or auger.

Synthohol
10-17-2019, 01:16 AM
its weird though,you can see the page stutter when the noise occurs. my guess is something with the exit unit as well,

antone
10-17-2019, 03:57 AM
duplex exit reverse unit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fornerm
10-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Had the same thing on a C458, it is the bearing of the upper output roller in the door front.Should be a white camp.Cleaning or greasing.

tsbservice
10-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Paper exit rollers on this machine has bushings not bearings. I don't see this but to me sounds and looks like belt from Fusing motor driving Paper exit roller is jumping from time to time.

fornerm
10-17-2019, 01:51 PM
I Know, its trankslate from google, mybe the false Word, but everbody know what i mean.
mfg

progoffice
10-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that definitely sounds like the black toner motor trying to turn. Check the black TCR ratio or run some solid black halftone pages and see if the machine can keep up. You can also try running just solid color halftone pages and see if the noise is still present. I don't think the black toner motor would have to turn in this situation. If it is the black toner motor, you'll have to remove the hopper assembly and vacuum out all of the excess toner that is putting a drag on the motor/auger.

EarthKmTech
10-21-2019, 04:41 AM
1000% this is black hopper, I recognise this noise anywhere.

Remove it and lube the gears behind it. Problems solved

albemero
10-21-2019, 08:32 PM
It was the upper exit rollers. I have unmounted the exkt-unit and a little fat was enought to solve the problem.

Thanks all for tips

tsbservice
10-21-2019, 09:05 PM
So, you put more tension on driving belt? Many techs here stress on toner drive including EKMT, are you positive about this resolution?

albemero
10-21-2019, 09:21 PM
No, only fat in the bushing and the noise disappered. I don't have idea how the tensin of the driving belt can be changed.

Custom Search