PDA

View Full Version : How often do you update the firmware on Konica Minolta?

Custom Search

Bix
10-18-2019, 08:48 AM
This is an open survey. How often do you update the firmware on Konica Minolta?
At each PM? Only when there are problems? Or just when you need to add a feature? Or you never update?

tsbservice
10-18-2019, 09:22 AM
Hi Bix. May I suggest you to create a Poll with this question.
I do update FW when there're problems, when FW is too old, when it's mandatory from KM, when FW add new features, and sometimes just when client pay for it ;)

Bix
10-18-2019, 09:59 AM
I tell you the truth: I don't know how to do it :eek:

copier tech
10-18-2019, 10:38 AM
This is an open survey. How often do you update the firmware on Konica Minolta?
At each PM? Only when there are problems? Or just when you need to add a feature? Or you never update?

Every visit on all manufacturers.

PM stands for “preventative” maintenance

Fw has multiple bug fixes so updating each visit prevents future known issues.

copyrooks
10-18-2019, 03:20 PM
If I have time during setup, i'll do it. In the field I usually only if an error code should occur and have to contact KM, because that's their 1st solution every time. Once in a blue moon I'll get a request from a company's IT dept swearing it'll fix another issue they are having. For the most part I leave em be unless we get complaints or "weird" issues with the machine.

Bix
10-18-2019, 03:37 PM
I update every time I do preventive maintenance but only if it has a rather old firmware. Or when there is a problem, the first attempt is to hope it is a firmware bug

copyman
10-18-2019, 05:02 PM
Only when necessary. After 45 yrs in this biz I've learned to leave well enough alone. I have been updating a little more often lately because of issues with office 365 & scanning but only because it was necessary.

Toxic
10-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Agreed with copyman,i only do fw when is really necessary.
"dont fix something if it works" ,thats my moto :)

Phil B.
10-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Agreed with copyman,i only do fw when is really necessary.
"dont fix something if it works" ,thats my moto :)

not only was I the field tech for 6years in my last employ,

I was warehouse, shipping/receiving/setup/recycle mgr. (yes small FO biz)

I ALWAYS made sure the NEW units I setup were up to date not only with firmware but also had a USB w/ all new drivers/FAQ's that I would transfer either to their IT dept or Mgr for the area those units were placed in.

But like most have mentioned "Don't screw with a working machine".

IF it messes up and there is a FIX for that issue, Yes I would. -=OR=- when "all else fails" situation pops up.

my 2cents.

rrrohan
10-21-2019, 04:30 AM
only when it fixes a fault or when i need to escalate a problem with KM as they wont even talk to you until you do this

dont fix whats not broken

copier tech
10-21-2019, 08:21 AM
I'll say again “preventative” maintenance.

Bix
10-21-2019, 02:47 PM
I have just updated the FW to a c364e printer without problems and ... The firmware got stuck, now the printer is KO.

I thought about this thread hahaha.

It has nothing to do with the subject but:
For those who are curious, in the end I discovered that the JS-506 caused the blockage. I removed the JS-506 and eventually the FW got updated. This C364e has a faulty motherboard, does not recognize the addictional trays and apparently plays tricks on the FW update. I removed the JS506 and updated it on another printer. Now works.

I have reinstalled the firmware on the problematic mfp. In any case, the printer now works. Yes, the unnecessary update made me lose some time.

Bix
10-21-2019, 03:06 PM
does anyone have any news on the iseries? I knew that a big update was due in October. Currently the only one is 45. Does anyone have any news?

rrrohan
10-22-2019, 12:27 AM
. Yes, the unnecessary update made me lose some time.

We have all been there.

Bix
10-25-2019, 09:44 AM
Have you seen the new iSeries FW?
It seems that the DipSwitch is no longer necessary.

It also appears that they are resolving to update the firmware remotely, without going on site.

tsbservice
10-25-2019, 12:59 PM
No new FW as for now G00-45 is latest base. SW25 was for 8-series Function version of controller, up to now not needed for i-series.G00-45G00-45

Bix
10-25-2019, 03:58 PM
In Europe, the G00-73 has left today.
The FW 45 always changes version 1.0
The FW 73 is now version 2.0

Custom Search