PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-360, external box function settings

Custom Search

Hansoon
10-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Machine does not show "External Memory Document Scan" (Administrator Settings>System Setting>UserBox Settings>External Memory Function Settings)

In the menu are "Save Document" and "Print Document" present but the 3rd entry "External Memory Document Scan" is missing.

HD is present and active and had a logical format, FW is the latest and greatest. Any ideas please?

Hans

tsbservice
10-19-2019, 06:30 PM
I have no idea. Wild guess, compare soft switch settings with working machine. Sorry not much help.

Synthohol
10-19-2019, 10:50 PM
enable it in admin mode user box settings ext memory settings

Hansoon
10-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Err... Well that's exactly what I did from the beginning and the reason how I discovered that this 3rd menu item is not present.

I did: Administrator Settings>System Setting>UserBox Settings>External Memory Function Settings

In the menu are "Save Document on/off" and "Print Document on/off" present but the 3rd entry "External Memory Document Scan" is not there where it usually is.

See my original post ;)

Hans

Hansoon
10-20-2019, 03:15 PM
I have no idea. Wild guess, compare soft switch settings with working machine. Sorry not much help.

For sure an undocumented safety option made by soft switch setting.

My own office machine has under External Memory Function Settings this 3rd setting "External Memory Document Scan" The other one coming from a wholesaler not. One would need help from KonicaMinolta but I'm an Indy........ :rolleyes:

Really don't know how I can compare softswitches between machines.

Hans

copyman
10-20-2019, 03:27 PM

My own office machine has under External Memory Function Settings this 3rd setting "External Memory Document Scan" The other one coming from a wholesaler not. One would need help from KonicaMinolta but I'm an Indy........ :rolleyes:

Hans

Hey Hans,

Hope all is well. If you print out management list from both machines all the settings including softswitches will be on the pages that print. You can put mang lists side by side and go down the setting one by one until you see what setting is different.

Hansoon
10-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Hey Copyman, I'm OK, thanks for asking.

In the Management list I cannot find any soft switch setting. However in the Parameter list are many entries from soft switches but its under a header named FAX_JOB.data. Is that the one you mean?

This machine is anyway different than all the other I have seen. When I put an USB-Stick in the port than it says:
"An external memory is connected. The external memory can be accessed from the Systems User Box function"

That's very different than usual. Normally it gives you the 3 option buttons:
"Print a document from External Memory" or
"Save a document to External Memory" or also
"Save a document from External Memory to a User Box"

I tried Initialization and also new firmware. It stays the same.

Hans

tsbservice
10-20-2019, 04:10 PM

Hey, that will be rookie mistake, even I know how and where to enable USB memory...and when it comes to KM I'm de facto tenderfoot :D

tsbservice
10-20-2019, 04:14 PM

Hans

Hans, you can save two machines MMLs on external memory, then compare them by little tool or print them and compare visually.

Hansoon
10-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Yes, but I cannot find those soft switches. Only those under "FAX_JOB.data" when I call up the parameter list, not the Management List.

Hans

tsbservice
10-20-2019, 04:51 PM
OK, I opened SM and here is what I found:

Hansoon
10-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Could imagine that it has something to do with "Management Function Choice" will have to dig in the manual Monday morning. Now it's Sunday evening here and I'm fed up. Sigh.

Hans

Synthohol
10-20-2019, 07:44 PM
does the copier have a HDD installed?
if not i wonder if thats killing the option?

tsbservice
10-20-2019, 08:48 PM
HD is present and active and had a logical format, FW is the latest and greatest. Any ideas please?

Hans

does the copier have a HDD installed?
if not i wonder if thats killing the option?
From what I've reading machine has HD, which I suppose to be HDD ;)

blackcat4866
10-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Authentication Device 1 & Authentication Device 2 will make that option disappear. I think that I'd check Stop 9 Vendor Mode.
=^..^=

tsbservice
10-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Authentication Device 1 & Authentication Device 2 will make that option disappear. I think that I'd check Stop 9 Vendor Mode.
=^..^=

Reading Manual never hurts. I think we have winner here.

Hansoon
10-21-2019, 03:52 PM
=^..^=

Thanks Cat, yes I was thinking along the same lines since this machine had originally a card reader but I cannot find a way to turn it off. How to get rid of all this Authentication/Management stuff?? Would be convenient to know how to reset the complete machine back to factory defaults. Initialization doesn't do it.

Hans

tsbservice
10-21-2019, 04:02 PM
Thanks Cat, yes I was thinking along the same lines since this machine had originally a card reader but I cannot find a way to turn it off. How to get rid of all this Authentication/Management stuff?? Would be convenient to know how to reset the complete machine back to factory defaults. Initialization doesn't do it.

Hans

Hans what type of Initialization did you do? [Clear All Data] from service mode?

Bix
10-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Hi, I believe it is not possible to reset the Service Mode settings.

The only settings you reset are those related to the CSRC when you initialize the network settings. I therefore recommend that you take a look at the one from @blackcat4866

Also take a look at the Biling settings. They are often modified for some customers. Go to Service Mode> Stop> 9> Authentication Device (check also Counter Setting)

Hansoon
10-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Hans what type of Initialization did you do? [Clear All Data] from service mode?

Yes, that's what I did as well as HDD format and Firmware. Since days I'm roaming in the Stop-9 settings but find it hard to find a way to find back to standard factory settings.

I just want to get rid of this Authentication/Management crap. It is rather hard to understand the manual. It would take time to absorb whats written there and that's what I don't have. Machine has to go out tomorrow morning.

Hans

tsbservice
10-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Strange, manual states that [Clear All Data] should clear/initialize Billing Settings/Management Function Choice.
Go to Billing Settings/Management Function Choice if it's Card, can you revert to something else?

Synthohol
10-21-2019, 05:17 PM
You can try and uninstall the card reader driver.
Go to install data or driver install and uninstall whatever is in there.

Custom Search