PDA

View Full Version : C252 SMB/FTP/Email scans say Job has been done improperly check log: server connect

Custom Search

captainrva
10-21-2019, 02:57 PM
I have a C252 and no matter what scans protocol you use, it says Job has been done improperly with a server connection error. I tried to re-flash the firmware with same FW but I got an error that the card was invalid. I tried to upgrade the FW and got the same error so I then tried to update/re-flash via ISW and it downloaded the FW but then gave and error "Failed to get information from the FW server". I tried to set up new one touches and they failed too. Changed the SMTP from the clients to a gmail and it failed again. I can print to the machine and make copies, just can't scan. Also, I can't log in to the Webconnection as admin because the machine will freeze and the browser just stays blank on all browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox)

Any help is appreciated.

Bix
10-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Have you tried connecting directly with your PC? (SMB test)
Maybe there's something blocking the port

bsm2
10-21-2019, 03:28 PM
You need to troubleshoot server connection error.
Dns issue gateway issue etc...

captainrva
10-21-2019, 03:41 PM
I directly connnected with pc and got the same error and still couldn't see Web Connection . Their network DNS and Gateway is just 192.168.1.1.

tsbservice
10-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Go to service mode and check the state of machine HDD, you may be surprised.

copier tech
10-21-2019, 06:15 PM
I have a C252 and no matter what scans protocol you use, it says Job has been done improperly with a server connection error. I tried to re-flash the firmware with same FW but I got an error that the card was invalid. I tried to upgrade the FW and got the same error so I then tried to update/re-flash via ISW and it downloaded the FW but then gave and error "Failed to get information from the FW server". I tried to set up new one touches and they failed too. Changed the SMTP from the clients to a gmail and it failed again. I can print to the machine and make copies, just can't scan. Also, I can't log in to the Webconnection as admin because the machine will freeze and the browser just stays blank on all browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox)

Any help is appreciated.

This is a very old model long been discontinued forget getting this to scan via gmail or any of the big players, gmail, O365 etc.

If you have an old Win XP or 7 PC set up a scan folder to this & share of the network.

Your FW update failed try another CF card they were fussy on what CF cards worked even when new.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time on this old box

Custom Search