PDA

View Full Version : can I get an exorcism for a bizhub?

Custom Search

Synthohol
10-21-2019, 05:24 PM
Check this weird shit...
BH 558e 4 trays all letter portrait.
Tray 1 shows ??? And the red light is on as if tray is empty.
Here is the demonic side, you open tray 2 and tray 1 shows correct size and light goes out. Close tray and goes back to ??? And red light steady on.
I changed tray 2 to landscape and all is well.

Wtf does tray 2 have to do with tray 1 size or paper set?
I already reseated connectors and there does not appear to be a short anywhere I can see.

They are ok with leaving t tray 2 as landscape but this will haunt me unless I call a priest I guess.

Anyone seen this behavior?

Also when tray 2 is open, tray 1 will recognize any paper size put in it but close tray 2 and tray 1 is possessed by the demon again.

Wtf?

blackcat4866
10-21-2019, 05:27 PM
Thats really interesting! =^..^=

tsbservice
10-21-2019, 05:49 PM
Can you swap whole trays each other? Maybe a gentle pushing/kicking by angry customer :confused:

copier tech
10-21-2019, 06:25 PM
Check this weird shit...
BH 558e 4 trays all letter portrait.
Tray 1 shows ??? And the red light is on as if tray is empty.
Here is the demonic side, you open tray 2 and tray 1 shows correct size and light goes out. Close tray and goes back to ??? And red light steady on.
I changed tray 2 to landscape and all is well.

Wtf does tray 2 have to do with tray 1 size or paper set?
I already reseated connectors and there does not appear to be a short anywhere I can see.

They are ok with leaving t tray 2 as landscape but this will haunt me unless I call a priest I guess.

Anyone seen this behavior?

Also when tray 2 is open, tray 1 will recognize any paper size put in it but close tray 2 and tray 1 is possessed by the demon again.

Wtf?

Sounds like a loose connection on the tray size detection sensors.

Maybe when you pull out tray 2 it releases the poor connection.

Just a hunch 4 series had a similar issue replaced a few wirsing looms to those sensors.

copyman
10-21-2019, 06:55 PM

Just a hunch 4 series had a similar issue replaced a few wirsing looms to those sensors.

Yeah I was thinking along same lines. Has to be where the sensors are in the back inside frame gets pushed back breaking connection when tray is in or something like that. I know you been around the block a few times so for you not to have seen it tells me it's something stupid like a piece of plastic is cracked where you can't see it, etc and probably only way to solve it start taking parts off that rear inside frame and inspecting them.

But keep in mind about the exorcism, after all we are near Halloween and these new machines are starting to have a mind of their own ......

exorcism = "Initialization - clear all data"

Synthohol
10-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Yeah I'm only Dumbfoundead about it because if I have let her portrait and trade to the problem occurs if I put letter landscape in tray 2 there is no problem what the hell man

allan
10-21-2019, 07:42 PM

They come loose right at the sensor connector. I had to redo the connector wire a couple of times.

allan
10-21-2019, 07:47 PM
The tray is not lifted because its not detected. Tray is not lifted an no paper gets detected would me my guess on the light.

Synthohol
10-21-2019, 11:18 PM
lol, the tray LIFTS and stops appropriately.
bizarre man, i get all the good ones :)

blackcat4866
10-21-2019, 11:34 PM
The last time I saw something like this it was on a Toshiba. Unique thing about many Toshibas is that they often use the same lift motor to lift two trays ... CCW motor rotation to lift #1, CW motor rotation to lift #2. Naturally there are one-way clutches involved. So the machine will lift tray #1 or tray #2 successfully ... but not both. The second tray closed shows "Load Paper", whichever tray you close second.

On a bizhub though ... I'm going to guess EXCB. =^..^=

rrrohan
10-22-2019, 02:34 AM
some customers close trays as if they are bowling for a strike

allan
10-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Said a little prayer for it. Else just put a B36 next to it the demon is sure to enter that instead.

darry1322
10-22-2019, 01:33 PM
Said a little prayer for it. Else just put a B36 next to it the demon is sure to enter that instead.

I thought those ship with demons preinstalled.

tsbservice
10-22-2019, 05:09 PM

Vote for allan, wise than Yoda, always creative and full with ideas! That one was good :D

Custom Search