PDA

View Full Version : KM bizhub PRO C6500 Drum

Custom Search

orestesp
10-22-2019, 09:28 PM
The time has come to replace a drum on our C6500. From what I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, this machine is supposed to use the DU-102 drum unit. However, I've only been able to find DU-102C drum units (with the C at the end meaning that it's an improved version of the original DU-102 design, but nevertheless still retaining compatibility?) that are quite a bit more expensive that what I would find on retailers e.g. in the U.S..

Furthermore, I haven't been able to find a local retailer that sells just the genuine OPC drum or the drum cleaning blade for my machine.

Considering the potential costs savings associated with using a compatible OPC drum and a compatible cleaning blade with my machine, I will be buying one compatible OPC drum and one compatible cleaning blade to try it out and see how good of a print quality it can deliver.

Before pulling the trigger on this however, I thought I should try asking here first if anyone has had any experience with working with a compatible OPC drum and how good the print quality was compared to the genuine part.

Considering that everything else on the machine will be genuine parts (developer, transfer belt, etc) and in good condition, can I expect the same, or at least almost the same print quality from a compatible OPC drum as from a genuine one?

I've have had very good experiences with decent quality compatible OPC drums with smaller colour copiers, hence my inclination on trying this out.

Thanks in advance.

Toxic
10-23-2019, 01:46 AM
I never tried compatible drums on production series of machines,maybe it will work ok but never know.
I will be scared to put some unknown drums with all rest OEM parts.
I have some cases on other series where bad drum damaged developing roller and developing unit for C6500 is very expensive...
So much chinese manufacturer out there with questionable quality control so you never know what you will get.
I use for years OEM drums unit DU-104 in C5501/6501,they can go about 250% life without big quality problem.
I am not trying to distract you from your plan,just my thinking...

tulintron
11-20-2019, 09:22 PM
DU-104 is definitely the best option.

methogod
11-21-2019, 06:00 AM
look on ebay, just look at dates, some du102c can be old, same with du104.

make sure you remove the red screws...

Custom Search