PDA

View Full Version : C364e, cyan developer used up.

Custom Search

nelo
10-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Hi All

I am working on a C364e which is having the following faults;

1) P code for Rear IDC Sensor
2) P code for Cyan Developer/ Drum
3) Color calibration

I pulled out the cyan developer and observed it to be drained. I then checked the toner / deve ration and is all good. I cleaned the IDC sensors, laser units, IDC Sensor Shutter Solenoid and also cleaned and replaced the cyan developer unit and the fault still remains.

I replaced the IDC sensors with used but working ones. Swapped the color drums and also replaced and tested the front relay board plus the HV board with working used boards. Fault persists.

Firmware update was also made.

Emptied and cleaned toner hopper, hopper sensor and actuator.

I am now suspecting a Printer Controller Board issue or power supply.

I am seeking any info that may assist me fix this issue.

Regards, Nelo

Synthohol
10-23-2019, 01:24 PM
it sounds like the bushings are worn.
ill try to find the doc or a pic.

A5C1RA0000 is the part#

copyman
10-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Hi All

3) Color calibration

I pulled out the cyan developer and observed it to be drained. I then checked the toner / deve ration and is all good. I cleaned the IDC sensors, laser units, IDC Sensor Shutter Solenoid and also cleaned and replaced the cyan developer unit and the fault still remains.

I replaced the IDC sensors with used but working ones. Swapped the color drums and also replaced and tested the front relay board plus the HV board with working used boards. Fault persists.

Regards, Nelo

Don't think you need any boards. From what you describe is very common. If you search this site there is a lot of posts about it. I just recently posted a bulletin about dumping cyan & magenta on the "4" series. Look in the recent Kon/Min forums.

The cyan developer dumps because of drums or trans belt being over life and shorting out. You will have to get a new cyan dev unit and any drums that are over life. If you put in a new developer unit with same "over life" drums there is a good chance it will crash the new dev unit. See if you have a good used dev unit because they cost around $600 each new!

nelo
10-23-2019, 01:43 PM
The cyan developer dumped because of drums or trans belt being over life and shorting out. You will have to get a new cyan dev unit and any drums that are over life. If you put in a new developer unit with same "over life" drums there is a good chance it will crash the new dev unit. See if you have a good used dev unit because they cost around $600 each new!

Hi copyman

Thanks for your reply. I fitted a new cyan deve and drum plus a new belt unit this afternoon and did the necessary adjustments in the service mode. Still the same P codes and print quality.

Regards

nelo
10-23-2019, 01:49 PM

A5C1RA0000 is the part#

Hi Synthohol

I have replaced the cyan deve, drum and belt units this afternoon and is still the same.

Regards

nelo

nelo
10-23-2019, 01:54 PM
Hi All

3) Color calibration

Regards, Nelo

Test prints from service mode have been made. Yellow, Magenta and black prints out fine except for cyan, page comes out blank.

Regards

nelo

copyman
10-23-2019, 01:56 PM
With trans belt out did you "open shutter" and blow off both IDC sensors? See what P codes are for and replace the drum that corrosponds with.

Keep in mind "ANY" drum over life can affect other color developer unit. So you will need to replace any drums at "0" % with "new" drums

SAR
10-23-2019, 04:59 PM
As others have mentioned, KM has bulletins out for this problem.One thing they mention in the bulletins that hasn't been mentioned so far is the HV contacts.
I had a machine drive me crazy with the Magenta unit doing what you mentioned. What fixed my machine was stretching the contact springs on the HV contacts for the drum and DV units so they made better contact with the drum and DV unit. KM also says the HV contacts can become pitted or arc, which means you would have to replace them in that case.
Good luck!

tsbservice
10-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Test prints from service mode have been made. Yellow, Magenta and black prints out fine except for cyan, page comes out blank.

Regards

nelo
How may prints after developer replacement you've got blank cyan pages. Any magnetic brush on cyan developer unit?

Synthohol
10-23-2019, 07:00 PM
Hi Synthohol

I have replaced the cyan deve, drum and belt units this afternoon and is still the same.

Regards

nelo

That has nothing to do with what I posted.
Please read the attachment to that post.
Is the waste toner box full of cyan developer?

tsbservice
10-23-2019, 07:24 PM

A5C1RA0000 is the part#

Wouldn't normally those bushings give C255x codes for affected color and low toner density?

nelo, developer loss on 4 series is discussed so many times here...use search function, copyman posted before related bulletins.

copier tech
10-23-2019, 08:22 PM
Hi Synthohol

Regards

nelo

After replacing the cyan drum & dev have you removed the cyan dev to check it has developer in it?

Synthohol
10-23-2019, 08:25 PM
I had 2 in a school that would get lighter and lighter then blank for 6 or 7 pages before the 2557.
Was hoping he ran into same.
Only after I re re reread that even a new dv unit ran blank as well. It may be the hv or contacts?

Custom Search