PDA

View Full Version : CQ Kyocera TA 3550ci Lower half of Color Copy Black not fusing

Custom Search

Doug James
10-23-2019, 11:59 PM
Weird problem, A solid black copy from test target copies GREAT. When I do a color copy off test target the black doesn't fuse. Put a Brand New Fuser in it and no effect. I also installed a right paper transport door with 2nd transfer. The copier is running OEM toner. On thing is that the not fusing occurs on the lower half LEF. This machine was bought used and sold. I included a pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks !!

blackcat4866
10-24-2019, 12:14 AM
The reason that the black image on color copies is not fusing is that it's not just made with a single layer of black toner. It's composite black made with all four colors. You'll notice that other areas with heavy fill of multiple colors did not fuse either.

You've ruled out aftermarket toner and the fuser, so it comes down to either media, media settings, or fuser temperature:
1) What media in gsm?
2) What media settings? And check the actual heat setting used for that media setting.
3) What fuser temperature settings?

I definitely would not adjust fuser temperature until I determined that the media used matches the media settings. Test with other known media.

Doug James
10-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Turned out I had to call Kyocera Support. The problem was a media issue. The setting for "plain paper" has 3 options. Normal 1, 2 and 3. The setting was at normal 1. Well the default setting is normal 2. I set it to 2 and fixed it right up.... (Now that's humbling considering I changed everything on that side of the machine...lol):rolleyes:

blackcat4866
10-26-2019, 02:01 AM
That's the thing that totally confuses Kyocera endusers (and many techs):

They ask: "What temperature/what weight media should be used with ______ media setting?" Well it depends ... if it's Plain media type, what is Plain actually set to?

What I usually do for endusers that get adventurous with media is, I re-name each Custom media type to the actual gsm weight range. So for example, Custom1 gets re-named 91-105gsm, and set for Normal3. I usually exempt Heavy4 and Heavy5 from duplex just because most Kyoceras cannot duplex that media. There are (6) Custom buttons which covers almost all the possibilities. Then I tell those enduser to use ONLY gsm when selecting media type, and forget altogether about Rough, Cardstock, etc., since nobody knows what those media settings mean anyway.

=^..^=

Doug James
10-26-2019, 02:35 AM
That's the thing that totally confuses Kyocera endusers (and many techs):

They ask: "What temperature/what weight media should be used with ______ media setting?" Well it depends ... if it's Plain media type, what is Plain actually set to?

What I usually do for endusers that get adventurous with media is, I re-name each Custom media type to the actual gsm weight range. So for example, Custom1 gets re-named 91-105gsm, and set for Normal3. I usually exempt Heavy4 and Heavy5 from duplex just because most Kyoceras cannot duplex that media. There are (6) Custom buttons which covers almost all the possibilities. Then I tell those enduser to use ONLY gsm when selecting media type, and forget altogether about Rough, Cardstock, etc., since nobody knows what those media settings mean anyway.

=^..^=That's GREAT stuff Thanks so much !!!!

Custom Search