PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C353 Grinding Noise

Custom Search

icafe
10-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I need help with my Konica Minolta C353, when switched on, it makes some grinding noise and it says Waste toner box needs to be replace and waste toner box seems empty. I really don't have idea if the grinding noise is related to the waste box or something else. I will really appreciate any help.
Thanks..

Zeldaman
10-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Hi there!
I think you have a great doorstopper now. The waste-toner tubes are clogged, in worst case the gears are gone. Fixing that is a hell of a ride!
Greetings...

icafe
10-24-2019, 12:31 PM
Hi there!
I think you have a great doorstopper now. The waste-toner tubes are clogged, in worst case the gears are gone. Fixing that is a hell of a ride!
Greetings...

Thanks for your answer, what do you think I can do? can it be fixed ? or is the machine could possibly not be useful anymore.. {Scrap}

Zeldaman
10-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Hi there!
Honestly???? - SCRAP
Greetings...

copyman
10-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Not sure how it can be assumed right away that waste tube is clogged. Before pronouncing the machine dead you have to empty waste box and vacuum out waste toner shute where it goes into waste box. Also pull the transfer belt and vac out transfer belt cleaning unit, make sure gears turn freely on the cleaning unit. If waste box is empty than maybe the waste toner would have somewhere to go!

sanvicente
10-25-2019, 02:32 AM
As some coments say in this model this could be a complicated issue. With practice and lot of time you can tray some steps we use to do to get the grinding noise away. We have run this steps with mostly good results (not in all cases... i think a 75% of all of them)

1.- vacumm the waste toner box
2.- check all toner for a posible humid toner (clogged toner) and change as necesary.
3.- take out the IUs, the transfer belt, waste toner box and the toners.
4.- vacumm all toner hopper from above (where the toners supply)
5.- with the long reach accesorie of your toner vacumm open the “window” of the waste duct (were the waste toner box sits) and vacumm.
6.- do the same with every toner duct at the time you pass compress air with an air can or a compressor (if you are in your shop). Be careful, you have to go slow because you dont want to get lasers full of toner.
7.- other person must turn the transfer belt gear (the white big one) so you can apply presure to the clog. When do it right you can hear the stones crack inside the ducts. Go slow. Repeat if neccesary.

At least 20 times we hace cleared this issue, specialy in machines in hot/humid enviroments and/or with aftermarket toner.

if noise persist maybe a gear or a worm inside the ducts go broke, and, as the pasts coments say, you are in deeo trouble.

Custom Search