PDA

View Full Version : White Spots on first side

Custom Search

diwakar
10-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Hi team,

I have recently purchased a Konica Minolta C258. I usually print on 300gsm art card and get white spots if I set the thickness to Thick 4 as per Konica's manual. However, if I select the thickness to Thick 2, the white spots disappear and the colors are more vivid. Please let me know if it is ok to select Thick 2 with 300 gsm art card as the print is vibrant in this case but want to know if it is safe for the machine.

I have attached the image with white spots (300 gsm art card at thick 4)

Toxic
10-25-2019, 10:06 AM
That is strange.
Nothing bad should not happen but you could have toner fall of from paper in fusing unit and not fixed to paper when comes out,check that.

Bix
10-25-2019, 10:37 AM
There is a world on paper. What kind of paper is it? In addition to the thickness, its quality must be considered

diwakar
10-25-2019, 11:59 AM
That is strange.
Nothing bad should not happen but you could have toner fall of from paper in fusing unit and not fixed to paper when comes out,check that.

Hi, thanks for the confirmation and no, the toner is not falling off from the paper :-)

diwakar
10-25-2019, 12:01 PM
There is a world on paper. What kind of paper is it? In addition to the thickness, its quality must be considered

Hi, thanks for replying. The paper is 300 GSM Matte stocklot card paper.

tsbservice
10-25-2019, 12:47 PM
I'm wondering how long it will fix toner at Thick 2 setting. 300 gsm is pretty much upper limit for this office machine.
Actually for the machine itself it is better to use Thick 2 than Thick 4.
There is comprehensive list of settings in Service mode to be attempted for white spots as:
-Grad/Dev AC Bias V Selection
-Charge AC Output fine adjustment
-Primary transfer adj
-2nd Transfer Adj.
But this will require some knowledge and some trials and errors...

copyman
10-25-2019, 01:46 PM
It is better for machine to run slower with thick paper. Running thick paper on faster speed damages fuser rollers. Like other poster said run on thick 4 but make other adjustments to get rid of white spots, i.e. increase transfer voltage, etc

Also what % is black drum? Drum could be weak and should be replaced if near 0% life.

Custom Search