PDA

View Full Version : KM c554e appears to have divorced it's finisher

Custom Search

raplma
10-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Hello
Most grateful for any pointers on this.
c554e 560k consumables all within life and only OEM products used, has Fiery controller and FS534 with punch kit and saddle stitcher.
Doesn't do a lot of work sits in the corner printing invoices for my brothers garden machinery business and any envelope jobs for the print business as it's less fussy than the KM pro presses we have - in my experience anyway.

BTW no error code with this.

Suddenly noticed that CWS was indicating an error status for the c554e, opened it and had message stating "cover open"
Go to machine, error message on screen "there is an open compartment" and indicating on screen that it's the finisher door/cover.
Open and close all compartments, sections etc. nothing clears the error.

Shutdown controller, shutdown machine and switch off main power switch, wait 10 mins and re-boot everything as usual.

The machine now doesn't see the finisher at all - it's divorced it - none of the menu items, nothing.
It will print as normal, however all sheets jam in the transfer section of the finisher - presumably because it's not functioning as the copier assumes it's not there.
So in short was working fine this morning, and then while still switched on but idle it's divorced it's finisher.

So any thoughts most welcome

This is a machine I know little about, we had c451's for decades, we've have four digital presses, which we've serviced for the past ten years, so know them pretty well, but not this machine - it's my brothers really.
Thanks in advance
Mark

tsbservice
10-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Did you check machine-finisher connection wires and connectors? Maybe pin is loose or something similar.

Bix
10-28-2019, 03:13 PM
Hi, have you tried to check the connections with the MFP? Try to disconnect and hang up. Sometimes there may be condensation or oxidation on the contacts.

raplma
10-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Thanks tbservice and Bix, good call...

Yes, indeed I did, and I had forgotten to put that in my post.

So having turned the machine totally off and on again and realising that the finisher was not being seen, I then shut the whole system down, unplugged the connector from the finisher to the transfer section, checked pins and sprayed with contact cleaner.
Disconnected the cables from the main unit - data cables first power cables second - checked pins and cleaned with contact cleaner - reassembled in reverse order and there is no change.

You know how when you first turn these on the finisher runs through it's initialisation and the stacker tray drops down/up - it's not doing this.

Thanks again
Mark

Synthohol
10-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Sorry my previous comment was for a different mmodel.
I've had this and wound up replacing the finisher control board and the bridge unit board to fix.

blackcat4866
10-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Sorry my previous comment was for a different mmodel.
I've had this and wound up replacing the finisher control board and the bridge unit board to fix.

Just to qualify, I've seen both the bridge unit PWB or the finisher controller cause this ... but not both bad at the same time. =^..^=

Bix
10-28-2019, 05:34 PM
It happened to me in a C364e to get error because the JS separator card seemed broken. I installed the separator on another machine and then proceeded with the firmware update and reinstalled in the MFP with the problem. It is solved.
In case you have no way to do this test, I support the advice of my friends.

blackcat4866
10-29-2019, 01:32 AM
It happened to me in a C364e to get error because the JS separator card seemed broken. I installed the separator on another machine and then proceeded with the firmware update and reinstalled in the MFP with the problem. It is solved.
In case you have no way to do this test, I support the advice of my friends.

Along these same lines we've had a couple of KM internal finishers that would not take firmware on it's original host, but if you move the internal finisher to a different host it can be updated and put back onto it's original host and will show the new firmware and work. Weird. =^..^=

raplma
10-29-2019, 09:05 AM
Morning all
Many thanks for your esteemed input most appreciated.

Synthohol, the funny thing is I took your original soft key checks and went to try them, as I'd not spotted that they were not for this machine either - lol
Bix, I don't have the means on site to do that test, however what I did notice was that there was no firmware versions listed against the finisher in the firmware listings...

So it is most likely the FSCB. I am going to see another KM press this week that we're interested in and although it's from a different company it is stored at the place where we got the c554e from, so I plan to take the finisher with me, this should enable us one to check the FSCB and if that's working try the firmware update suggested above.

Will keep you posted
Thanks again
Mark

Custom Search