PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 4020/4050

Custom Search

Bix
10-29-2019, 09:59 AM
How much better to repair these small Lexmark multi-functions?
I have some that have reached 200k and theoretically I should replace the maintenance kit. But I saw that we had to completely dismantle the MFP and last time, it was almost a nightmare.

For this volume, a bizhub 227 would have been better.But not everyone is willing to change
What do you think?

copyrooks
10-29-2019, 03:15 PM
The maintenance kit isn't too bad to replace on these models, there are some i've done at least 4 times and have it down to about 30 min with time to spare. Other common issues on 4050 models are ADF Feed section issues and ADF Sep roller/pad replacements. Tray 1 paper full actuator breaking due to customer slamming trays, also Imaging unit dumping and i've had to replace quite a few control panels and scanner units on the 4050. Our company doesn't offer maintenance contracts on the 4020 but we do on the 4050.

The bizhub 227 from my experience have been pretty reliable for the most part, drums not lasting to spec and noisy duplex and exit section. Earlier bizhub 227 had those nasty trays that would always have to be readjusted.

Toxic
10-29-2019, 03:46 PM
I done few times maintenance kit on 4000p by request from other KM partner company.
Its not too hard but it is just printer so no problem with removing adf,scanner...
Every time i quickly visual inspect old parts and everything look pretty good and i think it could work twice life.
I would not replace maintenance kit without need if you ask me,just clean paper feed rubbers sometimes and change them if you must.
When seriously start to make problems i would scrap them.
Bizhub 227 is few classes above this little mfps and i always prefer to rent these and have less headache.

Custom Search