PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C308 paper size issue on BOTH trays

Custom Search

xeclectron
10-29-2019, 10:29 AM
Good morning all, I've written an email to the Konica Helpdesk this morning, but just wanted to post it here too in case anyone could shed some light on to it?

Many thanks in advance for your help :D
--------------------------------------------
Good morning,

I’m looking for some assistance with a bizhub C308 if possible.

Customer logged a call yesterday saying the paper trays are showing ‘???’ instead of a proper paper size. On arrival I discovered it was BOTH trays with this exact error. When A4 paper is in the cassette, it will not recognise the paper at all and just shows the question marks. When it’s changed to A4R, the machine will recognise the size, then it will lift the paper but still shows the cassette as empty.

I’ve had similar issues in the past on the older 4 range of machines, but I’ve never experienced it on the newer range, or seen it happen on both paper trays at the same time.

On site yesterday I upgraded firmware to G00-X4, inspected the cassettes for cracks, and then inspected all wiring for breakages at the back; whilst there I removed and cleaned the sensors of the sizing units , and swapped them over just to see if I could get any changes to the fault but unfortunately nothing has changed the fault.

If you have any ideas on how to fault-find further that would be great.

Synthohol
10-29-2019, 12:42 PM
the guides in the the tray have likely shifted rearward.
put paper in landscape and see if it lines up with the size markers.
easy fix, loosen the screws and move the guides forward.
only other thing could be paper stuck behind the tray but its usually shifted gates.

xeclectron
10-30-2019, 07:22 AM
only other thing could be paper stuck behind the tray but its usually shifted gates.

I checked this onsite yesterday but both trays look like they are fine. Also the help desk came back to me and suggested replacing the MFP board. I tried this but the fault still remains. This one is driving me mad now! :mad:

blackcat4866
10-30-2019, 11:51 AM

I've seen this before on the xx7 and xx8 series. The enduser slams the tray too hard, and all the paper tray centering adjusters shift to the rear. As a consequence the machine thinks the paper is about 1/4" wider than it really is. =^..^=

Custom Search