PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C1085 with yellow overlay

Custom Search

emujo2
10-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Machine will start laying down a yellow overlay on B&W prints...Techs go out and clear it for 30-40 K then it's back... Any thoughts? TIA Ed
Edit added image of issue in middle of run43882

Drums, developer, coronas all have been swapped (some twice) nothing changes.

blackcat4866
10-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Looks like yellow primary charge loss to me, but I can't imagine exactly where. =^..^=

Toxic
10-29-2019, 03:53 PM
When that happened you did not get any error code?
If you stop curent job and start another do you get same yellow background on BW and color output or it come up again after some time?

emujo2
10-29-2019, 05:27 PM
My guys are guessing at this point, but whatever they try, clean replace, the problem will re appear within a few thousand prints..I'm gonna try the process unit and HVT next. No codes. E

blackcat4866
10-30-2019, 12:01 PM
I'd put my money on the HVT or yellow developing unit. =^..^=

emujo2
10-30-2019, 01:36 PM
OK, problem has worsened, the loss of yellow is permanant. on a 11x17 test print (43) you can see about 1/3 on the correct yellow density. After this point it becomes a faint yellow background, all other test prints with yellow are affected. Lead and side edge deletion is working so I'm assuming we have a good charge. Still no error codes..E

tsbservice
10-30-2019, 03:37 PM
I would check PH image processing board (IPB/P)
and Main image processing board (IPB/M)

Main image processing board line memory check(1) Usage When the image of a particular color is misaligned in the sub scan direction and a notable image trouble occurs, check whether there is any abnormality on the main image processing board (IPB/M).
Procedure
1. Enter the I/O check mode.
2. Enter "98" with the numeric keys.Confirm that "98-00" appears on the message display area.
3. Press the Access key.
4. Enter one of the followings with the numeric keys.Check that "98-##" (## represent the multi code number) appears in the message display area.Multi Code 06: Main image processing board line memory (SDRAM) check/YMulti Code 07: Main image processing board line memory (SDRAM) check/MMulti Code 08: Main image processing board line memory (SDRAM) check/CMulti Code 09: Main image processing board line memory (SDRAM) check/K
5. Press the Start key.During the operation-"NOW" appearsThe operation succeeded - "OK" is displayedThe operation failed - "NG" is displayedWhen "NG" appears, replace IPB/M.

emujo2
10-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Thanks TB..already have replaced these. So far a 2nd Yellow DV unit seems to have cleared it up, but we are running tons of jobs so we can feel a little more confident. E

emujo2
10-30-2019, 09:10 PM
So, replacing the Y dev unit cleared the problem, however putting the old Y dev unit back in the machine does not make the problem re appear, so I'm not convinced the Y dev is the culprit..We are running the crap out of this to try and make the problem come back.

Custom Search