PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question: Total Counter less than service parts counters

Custom Search

raplma
10-31-2019, 06:04 PM
Am I being daft...?
So long short story, been looking for another KM machine to replace our aged c7000 that happily sits at the back of the shop churning out the charity stuff that doesn't need to be pixel or pms perfect.

Looked at two today c1060 and c1070p.
The 1070p has had a really easy life early 2016 first installation, finishers manufacture dates show Oct15 which would correspond to a late (non 2014 inception) installation.
It's total count on the utility screen is 276k, in service mode pretty much all that has been changed are the drums and coronas, however the dev units are showing nearly 500k pages?
Am I being dumb and the mis-match is size related, physical number of pages irrespective of size and the total is for clicks at say A4? However the totals page says most of the 276k is A3? :confused:

Kids kept me up most of the night, so easily being dumb, any clarifying thoughts welcome.
In a way I'm just wanting to know the numbers are genuine...

Mark

emujo2
10-31-2019, 06:32 PM
In most cases, production machines are configured so that 11X17 = 1 click, but this is only for the billing meter..As far as counters against PM parts, if you ran 250K 11 X 17 then the life counters would be 500K. I think this is one of the worst deals we have ever made as a manufacturer..You can be sure the print shop owner isn't charging less for those 11 17 pages..E

Jumping Jack Flash
10-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Am I being daft...?
So long short story, been looking for another KM machine to replace our aged c7000 that happily sits at the back of the shop churning out the charity stuff that doesn't need to be pixel or pms perfect.

Looked at two today c1060 and c1070p.
The 1070p has had a really easy life early 2016 first installation, finishers manufacture dates show Oct15 which would correspond to a late (non 2014 inception) installation.
It's total count on the utility screen is 276k, in service mode pretty much all that has been changed are the drums and coronas, however the dev units are showing nearly 500k pages?
Am I being dumb and the mis-match is size related, physical number of pages irrespective of size and the total is for clicks at say A4? However the totals page says most of the 276k is A3? :confused:

Kids kept me up most of the night, so easily being dumb, any clarifying thoughts welcome.
In a way I'm just wanting to know the numbers are genuine...

Mark

Yes possible

Mark

raplma
11-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Hello
Now I'm awake, yes indeed it is that.
I am a natural born cynic so I unfairly assume all dealers are out there to trick me out.
Never a useful frame of mind, I blame the parents... lol
Thanks again for replying to such a remedial post.
Mark

Custom Search