PDA

View Full Version : Restart the printer remotely

Custom Search

Bix
10-31-2019, 11:07 PM
Hi, do you think there is a way to restart the printer remotely?

With the WWRSPF it is possible to enter the administrator panel. But sometimes, you need to turn off and on the printer. Is there any setting in the service mode to reboot without asking the customer to turn it on and off?

emujo2
11-01-2019, 01:37 PM
A controller reset does not require power cycle, anything else that prompts "turn power off" requires someone to cycle the switch. E

Bix
11-04-2019, 04:14 PM
I don't know if you've seen, the WWRSPF has arrived. This will also allow you to update the firmware remotely but you need to change the dipswitch for the version.

To apply the changes, a reboot is required but it cannot be done remotely. For example, in the 8 series enabling the browser it was possible to restart it. In iSeries unfortunately they do not restart if you enable the browser

thank you

emujo2
11-04-2019, 07:18 PM
I have no idea what
WWRSPF is..maybe you can explain what this stands for..E

Jumping Jack Flash
11-04-2019, 09:08 PM
I don't know if you've seen, the WWRSPF has arrived. This will also allow you to update the firmware remotely but you need to change the dipswitch for the version.

To apply the changes, a reboot is required but it cannot be done remotely. For example, in the 8 series enabling the browser it was possible to restart it. In iSeries unfortunately they do not restart if you enable the browser

thank you

IP host / DNS: 50443 / Panel / reboot.cgi

the .cgi command must be run in the web server directory of the remote panel using a browser.

And that's about it

Bix
11-05-2019, 07:55 AM
I have no idea what
WWRSPF is..maybe you can explain what this stands for..E

You can find the WWRSPF on Infohub. It also integrates with CSRC from what I understand. This new tool allows you to connect to the screen of the multi-function printer in real time, without having to necessarily require the pin. Also you can update the firmware, make backups, debug and more, staying at your office.

tsbservice
11-05-2019, 08:17 AM
I have no idea what WWRSPF is..maybe you can explain what this stands for..E

That is definition but I can't speak what it actually does from my experience.
''WWRSPF (World Wide Remote Service Platform) carries out SSL communication and data storage in communications between all communicating devices and systems.
It also delivers secure communication by preventing spoofing through measures such as client server authentication, Global IP address restriction for senders, and native XMPP IDs, etc.''

Bix
11-05-2019, 08:20 AM
IP host / DNS: 50443 / Panel / reboot.cgi

the .cgi command must be run in the web server directory of the remote panel using a browser.

And that's about it
Thanks, this is interesting but it has not been successful for me

Is there any dipswitch to enable before?
Bix

emujo2
11-05-2019, 01:32 PM
maybe you are speaking of remote panel..There are 2 RP services, client and server..I've only ever setup server..this allows the MFP screen to be shown in a web browser window exactly as you would see as if you were standing in front of it. RP client required you point to a server running some kind of software. I think this is what that WWR**** may be. E

rrrohan
11-06-2019, 04:46 AM
I just tried the remote reboot on a old non E C754 and it gave internal error E301 but I guess it did technically cause a reboot lol

Bix
11-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Yes, there are still some problems if the firmware is not updated. Sometimes FA14 also happens.

I tried it on a bizhub 4052 but without success. I have tried both from PC and directly from the browser of the multifunction printer. For example:
https://192.168.1.11:50443/Panel/reboot.cgi

I forget something?

rrrohan
11-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Yes, there are still some problems if the firmware is not updated. Sometimes FA14 also happens.

I tried it on a bizhub 4052 but without success. I have tried both from PC and directly from the browser of the multifunction printer. For example:
https://192.168.1.11:50443/Panel/reboot.cgi

I forget something?

im guessing remote panel server needs to be setup. and if you use password authentication on remote panel you might need to first login to remote panel via the usual URL before loading the reboot.cgi URL

Bix
11-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Yes, the server is configured.;)
There are no problems accessing https://192.168.1.11:50443/panel/remote_panel.cgi

rrrohan
11-06-2019, 08:43 AM
There are no problems accessing https://192.168.1.11:50443/panel/remote_panel.cgi

isnt the 4052 a lexmark rebadge? might be something to do with it

tsbservice
01-19-2021, 07:25 AM

Then you can enter Service mode - Enhanced security - Engine FW DipSW and from there REBOOT machine remotely.

Bix
01-19-2021, 08:16 AM
Then you can enter Service mode - Enhanced security - Engine FW DipSW and from there REBOOT machine remotely.
Hi, I have tested on a bizhub 308.
However, the Service Mode closed after entering the reboot link. The printer did not restart. I miss something?thank you bro

tsbservice
01-19-2021, 08:33 AM
Hi, I have tested on a bizhub 308.
However, the Service Mode closed after entering the reboot link. The printer did not restart. I miss something?thank you bro
I'm doing this on C250i with latest FW and it did reboot.

rrrohan
01-19-2021, 12:31 PM
im old school i just ask the staff to turn it off for few seconds then back on.

there is a URL you can nav to which causes the copier to freak out and do a crash reboot as well

Custom Search