PDA

View Full Version : Which is better??

Custom Search

Susiequs
10-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Need some advice..Which is better Riso RZ990 or Duplo DP-S850?

techathens
10-21-2008, 03:49 PM
The Duplo DP-S850 without a doubt. More robust and you can run aftermarket inks and masters in it (no RF chips in the inks and masters). The RISO isn't a bad unit, it is just more labor intensive and won't last as long as the Duplo, and you'll see problems in the RZ systems (like the RP's) at 500,00 to 1,000,000 copies (worn gears, etc) that will not come up in the Duplo until about 3 million (like the old RISO GR series). You can also change color in the Duplo ink cylinders without having to go through a check list and service codes - that includes changing color to black or black to color (no ink pack / tube flags or RF chips).

I'm not a dealer or have any direct affiliation with a Duplo dealership - I just service them and answer consumer questions.

Good Luck!

Susiequs
10-22-2008, 03:22 AM
Can you get me a manual for the Duplo DP-S850?

Techster
06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Well I have used both the Riso RZ 990 and the duplo models and will tell you that Duplo should have stuck to folders and collators. The duplo's never use all the ink (because of the plastic in bladder inside the ink box). The masters are more expensive. They say the ink is cheaper (it should be it is a 600cc box). The Riso is 180 copies per minute. They are the leader in duplicators. Most copiers are very comperable, but with the dup's there is only one way to go. Hope this was helpful.

Kopyrtek
06-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Yea techathens your not a dealer or a person to deal with.I sent you parts and your havent sent a payment or replied to my calls to your cell or emails.I sent parts to your customer and to you and you wont reply to me or pay your balance.You are not someone to do business with unless you get money upfront!Seller beware!!!!
You pay me what you owe me and we are square.....otherwise you are just another POS on the web and should be avoided at all costs.
I helped you out and you f***fed me!I just want everyone to know how you operate so no one else will be screwed by you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kopyrtek
06-12-2009, 01:54 AM
But to answer your question...go with the Riso.....so much better

joelsa12
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Very nice machine. I have two installed in a print shop running by eachother. The both have over 3 million impressions on them. I have not replaced any parts but the normal comsumables. There has been no gear problems to speak of. Paper dust does build up in some of the sensors do to the unsealed covers on them, but that has been the most complicated thing that I have had to deal with. So needless to say I would go with the RZ-990. Although it is hard to use aftermarket ink in them, I have nothing but problems using after market ink in a duplicator. In my opinion when using ink, consistancy is the best. And you can not find that with after market supplies. Hope this helps!!

The Doctor
06-26-2009, 06:19 AM
RZ9 Series.
This is good gear!!

Custom Search