PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C364e Printing Glossy Label a lot of small white dots

Custom Search

denvertan
11-02-2019, 08:34 AM
I have a C364e which client use to print sticker/label.
On initial printing, output will have tiny "bubbles/white dots",
It starts to be more obvious after a few pages, when it goes longer long scratch mark will start to appear.

But when running on normal A3 paper this does not happen.
We tried all paper type available when feeding the "A3 sticker" to the bypass. (No luck to fix it)

Machine have meter of B/W 500K++, Colour 200K++
Paper Name: Laser Pet Sticker Glossy White A3

All idea to help me fix this issue is welcome !!

Image Attached: Small White Colour Dots - Album on Imgur (https://imgur.com/a/VdbBfa9)

P/S: I have a number of machine in the same meter range, after tested a like 20++ machine there are one can perform well without the dots.

mincopier
11-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Paper is not paper. If the paper is designed for inkjet printers it has a coating to absorb the ink and not allow it to spread too much. This layer will prevent powdered/dry toner from being absorbed into the paper.

It is a paper issue and not a copier issue. It is possible that a machine can print on to this paper but eventually that machine will start doing the same thing.

copyman
11-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Have you tried different paper settings, Thick 1, etc? If I read your post right you tried same paper in another machine and it worked fine. If that is the case I would look at the fuser as being the problem.

denvertan
11-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Have you tried different paper settings, Thick 1, etc? If I read your post right you tried same paper in another machine and it worked fine. If that is the case I would look at the fuser as being the problem.

Upto today only 1 copier out of 20+ I tried does not have the problem.
I tried all paper type, from special, tick 1 to tick 4 and all other paper type.

I do suspect is the fuser but I need more accurate lead. Since fuser unit is not cheap.

Also check with the sticker supplier, they are using a BizPress C1060. He confirmed paper is compatible with laser printer.

allan
11-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Try to adjust the second transfer current.

copyman
11-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Upto today only 1 copier out of 20+ I tried does not have the problem.
I tried all paper type, from special, tick 1 to tick 4 and all other paper type.

I do suspect is the fuser but I need more accurate lead. Since fuser unit is not cheap.

Also check with the sticker supplier, they are using a BizPress C1060. He confirmed paper is compatible with laser printer.

Real simple to troubleshoot and will take less that 5 mins, take a fuser out of one those 20+ machines and put into trouble machine, if solves problem you comfirmed it is fuser. Only 224-364 will work, 454 is different.

blackcat4866
11-03-2019, 12:46 AM
It appears to me to be affecting magenta only. I would look at magenta only parts like magenta drum, magenta developer or even magenta primary transfer roller. =^..^=

Custom Search