PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C308 Noise when idle

Custom Search

tekkie
11-02-2019, 12:55 PM
I have a Bizhub c 308 that sounds fine until copy ir print has finished then it goes to idle mode and after about 4 mins it goes to idle and the fuser and polygon motor does it standby rotations and it makes a faint audible noise that is annoying the customer.The dripping tap syndrome.It is audible and before sleep mode kicks in it is a justifiable complaint.
I had a 454 that was doing same thing but after v.G3 firmware you could switch 37 and 38 on/off in service mode to prevent both fuser and polygon whirring in standby it was called silent mode.
Does anyone know if there is equivalent in this model and if so what or has anyone had this before and knows the solution.previous engineer fitted a complete new fuser unit hoping that would sort the issue

tsbservice
11-02-2019, 02:43 PM
No silent mode on low speed 8-series as far as I know. I have one client complaining on noise when idle on C258, never was able to reproduce noise though.

copier tech
11-02-2019, 06:44 PM
I have a Bizhub c 308 that sounds fine until copy ir print has finished then it goes to idle mode and after about 4 mins it goes to idle and the fuser and polygon motor does it standby rotations and it makes a faint audible noise that is annoying the customer.The dripping tap syndrome.It is audible and before sleep mode kicks in it is a justifiable complaint.
I had a 454 that was doing same thing but after v.G3 firmware you could switch 37 and 38 on/off in service mode to prevent both fuser and polygon whirring in standby it was called silent mode.
Does anyone know if there is equivalent in this model and if so what or has anyone had this before and knows the solution.previous engineer fitted a complete new fuser unit hoping that would sort the issue

How about setting sleep timer to a shorter time?

Can I ask the 4 series you mention SW 37 & 38 what HEX to you set these to please?

tsbservice
11-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Can I ask the 4 series you mention SW 37 & 38 what HEX to you set these to please?

I believe those aren't soft switches but Engine FW DIPSW. They can be On or Off as You know. If memory serves me those Switches are for 454e and faster machines, not available for 224-364e models, but I may be wrong.

copier tech
11-03-2019, 09:14 PM
I believe those aren't soft switches but Engine FW DIPSW. They can be On or Off as You know. If memory serves me those Switches are for 454e and faster machines, not available for 224-364e models, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the infro but what are "Engine FW DIPSW?"

Synthohol
11-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Stop 0 clear opens another menu.
Engine fw is located there

copier tech
03-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Stop 0 clear opens another menu.
Engine fw is located there

I have a C258 with a fuser squeak when idle the squeak gets louder when printing.

I new fuser was replaced last week the squeak remains.

I'd like to disable the fuser rotation or maybe shorten the time?

Synthohol
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
It's probably the fuser drive assy not the fuser.
Only other squeak I can think of is a squeaky exit roller.

srvctec
03-04-2020, 10:47 PM
I have a C258 with a fuser squeak when idle the squeak gets louder when printing.

I new fuser was replaced last week the squeak remains.

I'd like to disable the fuser rotation or maybe shorten the time?

If it is the fuser (probably not since new one does same thing), then Engine FW DipSW 11 needs to be off which will turn off fuser rotation after 30 minutes of idle.

Custom Search