PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having c227’s constantly destroy yellow IUs

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
11-05-2019, 12:33 AM
Got a couple without fail every couple months, developer transfering to drums and ending up in the waste box.

Works perfectly when replaced.

Have replaced all other consumables, and on last call also HV board. Time will tell if made a difference.

Machines are far apart and not the same customers.

Hv contact assembly looks fine. NFI what to do next. Near new machines too.

Total colour count on this one 10k and 5 yellow ius in this time.

blackcat4866
11-05-2019, 01:32 AM
I had a C658 that would suck the cyan developer dry in about 10 seconds ... all straight into the waste bottle. After the second IU, we changed the HVT and the cyan IU. It's at 150K now and going strong. I think you're on the right track. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
12-06-2019, 06:25 AM
I finally found the problem.

Yellow erase lamp had one of the SMD leds smashed off at the factory. The leds are in series so if ones dead the whole string wont light up (per colour)

The annoying thing on the c227 is that there are no warning signs of this happening. Print quality is PERFECT on installation of new IU after old ones had dev depleted.

Gradations all complete without issues, warnings or errors of any kind.

After 2000 odd pages obviously the backgrounding gets bad enough that the developer begins transfering to the drum, then into the waste box. Which is what happened here 7 times in a row!

Wow, i feel like a dumbass now - but you dont expect this on a brand new machine.

let this be a lesson to everyone out there - there is no protection for the erase lamps and they are easily destroyed, so easy in fact it can happen at build time!

allan
12-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Some machines sense the current thru the LEDS then error out if its not connected.
Clearly not the case here.

Good find!

tsbservice
12-06-2019, 07:28 AM
I can't recall for the life of me any machine amongs Toshiba and KonMin lineups to have error code for erase strips/lamps/LEDs and so on.
I used to check them long time ago with test mode in Toshibas sucking developer, not anymore on Konicas. I guess this is my bad.
Thank you for the insight EarthKmTech!

allan
12-06-2019, 08:04 AM
C-2401, C-2402, C2403 and C2404 are for EL errors on KonMin machines.
Only production seems to have it. Probably cost more to implement.

emujo2
12-06-2019, 03:43 PM
I finally found the problem.

Yellow erase lamp had one of the SMD leds smashed off at the factory. The leds are in series so if ones dead the whole string wont light up (per colour)

The annoying thing on the c227 is that there are no warning signs of this happening. Print quality is PERFECT on installation of new IU after old ones had dev depleted.

Gradations all complete without issues, warnings or errors of any kind.

After 2000 odd pages obviously the backgrounding gets bad enough that the developer begins transfering to the drum, then into the waste box. Which is what happened here 7 times in a row!

Wow, i feel like a dumbass now - but you dont expect this on a brand new machine.

let this be a lesson to everyone out there - there is no protection for the erase lamps and they are easily destroyed, so easy in fact it can happen at build time!

Please don't..if this post helps me resolve even one of the ridiculous dumping/depletion issues before my tech throws in 4 dev units, I'd shake your hand, maybe even a kiss..lol

blackcat4866
12-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Excellent find. We had a new Toshiba 3518A come in with non functional erase lamps. Fortunately on Toshiba you immediately get penny sized football shapes of developer on the drum and copies. We caught it before it left the office. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
12-07-2019, 12:34 AM
For reference, my discovery on the day;

YouTube (https://youtu.be/6k-exP90ni0)

LOAD check is the proceeduraly correct method for testing this as it will not operate the laser, but i am big enough and ugly enough to understand the risks of running the engine with the door open.

Custom Search