PDA

View Full Version : How do I re-install document scanner locking screws for transport? Bizhub C658

Custom Search

crows
11-05-2019, 06:29 PM
I bought a new, cosmetically damaged c658 at auction and removed the packing materials to test before reselling. The copier works, but I think I need to park the scan head so that I can re-install the locking screws. I tried reinserting the screws, but they aren't catching anything with the threads. I know how to get into service mode on the machine if there's some setting to move the scanner back to shipping position.

tsbservice
11-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Why not moving carriage by hand?

crows
11-05-2019, 06:56 PM
I guess I'm not sure how to get to it to move it. It's underneath the scan glass. I don't know if I'm referring to the part by the correct name, but it's secured by 4 screws on a string from the factory.

Phil B.
11-05-2019, 07:26 PM
I guess I'm not sure how to get to it to move it. It's underneath the scan glass. I don't know if I'm referring to the part by the correct name, but it's secured by 4 screws on a string from the factory.

pull the glass.. move the Lamp by hand WITH POWER OFF!

mincopier
11-05-2019, 10:38 PM
We have never put those screws back in to the machine for delivery. As long as you are not trying to drive in the Baja you should be fine.

rrrohan
11-06-2019, 05:05 AM
if you take the right hand side cover off (3 or so screws) then the two screw on the straps holding the glass in position you can then remove the glass and move it as far as it needs to but as other have said unless you think the trip is going to be rough as guts then dont worry about it

Bix
11-06-2019, 08:11 AM
If I am not wrong, there is a firmware update that allows you to place the scanner in the initial position. Or maybe it's just for the latest multi-function printers.

Service Mode > Machine > Move Scanner to Home

crows
11-07-2019, 03:17 PM
I greatly appreciate the replies. I would like to lock it since I will probably repackage and ship freight when it sells. I will try the software angle today and see if that works first.

AnaDorr
08-30-2020, 08:06 PM
So did it work? What was the problem finally?

Phil B.
08-30-2020, 08:16 PM

almost a year with no reply... don't think there will be one. :mad::mad:

Bix
08-31-2020, 04:31 PM

I don't understand the question. Of course it works! Enter Service Mode with updated firmware or move by hand.

Custom Search