PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c353 scan to folder on mac ?

Custom Search

mrfuser
11-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Has anyone ever set up an older c353 with scan to folder to a mac?

rrrohan
11-07-2019, 03:01 AM
im guessing the SMB version is to old. if you throw caution to the wind you can re enable SMB1 on Mac from memory

allan
11-07-2019, 04:41 AM
FTP?

mrfuser
11-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Anyone have instructions on setting up ftp?

Bix
11-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Hi, you could try Filezilla
If I'm not wrong, it's compatible with Mac: FileZilla - The free FTP solution (https://filezilla-project.org/)

copier tech
11-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Has anyone ever set up an older c353 with scan to folder to a mac?

Out of interest why do you guys still support these old boxes? in the UK parts have been discontinued don't waste your time.

MAC don't support SMB or FTP anymore.

guitar9199
11-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Out of interest why do you guys still support these old boxes? in the UK parts have been discontinued don't waste your time.

MAC don't support SMB or FTP anymore.

On the contrary... Apple killed SMB back around OS X 10.5, but have since brought it back.

How to connect with File Sharing on your Mac - Apple Support (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204445)

Some customers I'm dealing with will gladly run a copier until "The Wheels Fall Off"!! As long as parts are available or the technology still works, they're going to keep that unit. As much as Microsoft and Gmail have annoyed me for updating their security protocols... causing MULTIPLE service calls for me, it has moved a few customers off of older equipment.

mrfuser
11-08-2019, 05:17 PM
She is a one woman shop and has no need to upgrade. Long time very nice client. I’m sure we all have one of those that we go the extra mile for. I built a network off her home WiFi and Gave her scan to email. We can only print with a generic driver though. Any ideas on a driver that would still give better functions for os 10.14 ?

guitar9199
11-08-2019, 05:44 PM
She is a one woman shop and has no need to upgrade. Long time very nice client. I’m sure we all have one of those that we go the extra mile for. I built a network off her home WiFi and Gave her scan to email. We can only print with a generic driver though. Any ideas on a driver that would still give better functions for os 10.14 ?

I checked the KM website, and the most recent driver I see is for 10.13. Tried clicking on the link for the 10.14 schedule, but it popped up with an error. Since it's a 12 year old model, it's likely KM WON'T write updated drivers for it... I can't say that with 100% certainty, but it's a strong possibility.

If the universal PS driver isn't giving you everything you need, you could TRY loading a driver for one of the older versions of the Mac OS... sometimes you get lucky.

Custom Search