PDA

View Full Version : Standby Bizhub C258

Custom Search

Bix
11-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Hi, I recently updated a bizhub C258 to the recent G00-X4 for new CSRC configurations on Friday.

Today the multi-function printer did not recover from standby. I had the main switch turned off and on again and I deactivated the weekly timer and reduced the aggressiveness of energy saving.

Initially it had the default energy saving settings. Now with the new changes I don't think it will happen again

Any experience with the G00-X4?

copyman
11-11-2019, 01:30 PM
I know with the "4" series we turned off the sleep mode in every one because of trouble waking up. Service mode, sleep mode, "permit", than enter admin mode, energy save settings, sleep mode off.

Bix
11-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Yes I do it

Strange that this happen also in 8 series

Before the update fw, this not happen

emujo2
11-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Cannot verify this on the 8 series, but older e series, no matter what the power save settings were, would shut off after 72 hours. E

tech51
11-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Try setting the following.

Low power 60 minutes
Sleep off
Enter power save - normal
Power consumption - disabled
Weekly timer - off

On the print driver, make sure wake on lan is ticked.

Been using these settings for a few years now without any issues.

Bix
11-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Yes, at the installation I usually impose this but sometimes I let it go, theoretically doing this the multi-function printer loses the Energy Star certification

ivovb
12-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Try setting the following.

On the print driver, make sure wake on lan is ticked.

Did You enter MAC?

I have such a problem even in newest c250i. Here is my working combination for c250i
Administrator Settings - Maintenance - Timer Settings - Power Settings - Power Key-Power Save; Power Save-Sleep - Next - Power Consuption-Disabled
Weekly Timer - Weekly timer on/off - Sleep

BR

Bix
12-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Be careful on the C250i, the problem may be "more serious".
Can't print or don't even scan work?

If you can't just print, the problem may be in the driver. But if the printer can't even scan, the problem I think is like the one in this discussion: C250i going offline and noisy (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/141920-c250i-going-offline-noisy-post807284.html)

It is still not clear if it is a firmware or hardware bug, we are still investigating. Currently with the firmware version F00-75 it is not happening but it may be too early, being an almost random problem.

Custom Search