PDA

View Full Version : BizHub Simulator Problem

Custom Search

caltuntas
11-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Hello,

I followed instructions on simulator manual pdf and installed all the tools needed, but I couldn't successfully start simulator on my laptop(Windows 10). I attached all the screenshots that I took which show the configuration I made.
As far as I can see after I start simulator, it tries to boot up fedora virtual OS but it waits at user login prompt,and after a while it says "unexpected error occured, Restart the system". Is it normal or can it be root of the problem, can you please help me? Thank you.

Bix
11-12-2019, 04:04 PM
I have not understood what simulator you are trying to start but in infohub there should be one already configured of konica minolta, available online (if you mean the screen).
Which model is it?

caltuntas
11-13-2019, 10:06 AM
I have not understood what simulator you are trying to start but in infohub there should be one already configured of konica minolta, available online (if you mean the screen).
Which model is it?

I am new to konika minolta development and trying to write a "hello world" application on konika minolta MFP. After that I want to write an application on MFP that will show some kind of custom user login dialog and intercept user login from the app. For that purpose I downloaded following tools from DSP Portal (https://dsp.konicaminolta.eu/)

BEU bEST OpenAPI Starter Kit 5.2.0a (contains list below)

MFP firmware
OpenAPI Sample applications
OpenAPI Tools
SDK
SimWin ----> bizhubC558Simulator.exe
WSDL

And after that I installed bizhubC558Simulator by following instuctions from BIZHUB_C558_SIMULATOR_V2.10_MANUAL.PDF. But I coudn't start simulator. That was the problem I was trying to solve.

Bix
11-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Really interesting, I'd like to try!
Where is it? I know that applications should be developed in Python

BHM
11-13-2019, 02:44 PM
intercept user login

Does not sound fishy at all. :confused:

caltuntas
11-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Does not sound fishy at all. :confused:
What is the problem? Some customers want to put limit based on user’s department or prevent printing without authentication to eleminate waste. So it is a normal requirement in my opinion but not sure if it is doable

caltuntas
11-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Really interesting, I'd like to try!
Where is it? I know that applications should be developed in Python
If you have a developer account, you can find it from resources section. Not sure about Phyton examples are mostly in .NET and XML web services in SDK

BHM
11-13-2019, 05:57 PM
What is the problem? Some customers want to put limit based on user’s department or prevent printing without authentication to eleminate waste. So it is a normal requirement in my opinion but not sure if it is doable

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish. The machines have a built in Account Track and User Authentication feature. Logins can either be created on the device or it can use Windows authentication as well.

There are also software programs such as PaperCut that can track, limit and report usage.

Your "intercept user login" comment was a little concerning. Again, perhaps I am not understanding what you are trying to do.

caltuntas
11-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish. The machines have a built in Account Track and User Authentication feature. Logins can either be created on the device or it can use Windows authentication as well.

There are also software programs such as PaperCut that can track, limit and report usage.

Your "intercept user login" comment was a little concerning. Again, perhaps I am not understanding what you are trying to do.

You got my point actually, I'm trying to do exactly similar to what PaperCut software does. Built-in features you mentioned does not meet my customer requirement such as "Sales department users should swipe identity card but only some users of it is allowed to print" so I will check by custom login prompt if a user from sales department is one of allowed users to print etc..I hope, I could explain what I'm trying to solve.

BHM
11-13-2019, 07:00 PM
You got my point actually, I'm trying to do exactly similar to what PaperCut software does. Built-in features you mentioned does not meet my customer requirement such as "Sales department users should swipe identity card but only some users of it is allowed to print" so I will check by custom login prompt if a user from sales department is one of allowed users to print etc..I hope, I could explain what I'm trying to solve.

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense.

Fyi, account track can set who can print and how many pages.

Custom Search