PDA

View Full Version : C550 vertical streak and lines in printout

Custom Search

Joe Karbon
11-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Hi, we have a c550 minolta copier, the print test looks like this (image attached), I have cleaned transfer belt and all drums, I don't know how to fix this issue, appreciate any help.

Phil B.
11-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Hi, we have a c550 minolta copier, the print test looks like this (image attached), I have cleaned transfer belt and all drums, I don't know how to fix this issue, appreciate any help.

"I have cleaned transfer belt and all drums" what did you clean them with?

what are the page counts on drums/belt/fuser?

have pm's been done on time & properly?

Genuine OEM toners/drums?

have you cleaned the paper path

if you want more help we need these Q's answered .

PhilB "The Dentist"

Synthohol
11-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Know any boats that need an anchor you have one. that machine should have been scrapped a long long time ago which is probably why it wound up in Tehran
That machine is already a jillion years old if you really want to fix it and make it print right replace all four Imaging units replace the transfer belt replace the fuser clean the mirrors clean the glass check and or replace all the rollers and then hope for the best other than that that machine has been put to pasture for quite some time now you're trying to fix a typewriter in the age of the printer

Joe Karbon
11-14-2019, 09:52 AM
"I have cleaned transfer belt and all drums" what did you clean them with?

what are the page counts on drums/belt/fuser?

have pm's been done on time & properly?

Genuine OEM toners/drums?

have you cleaned the paper path

if you want more help we need these Q's answered .

PhilB "The Dentist"

cleaning with alcohol and soft cloth
page counts:
fuser: 169000
Transfer belt: 429000
cmy: 2070M
K: 3260M
genuine toner and drums
already checked all rollers and paper path and they are good

raplma
11-15-2019, 09:55 AM
Synthohol does make the right point...
10 years ago we went through 6 of this generation of machine in it's three derivations, one was even churning out 90k per month.
They were good work horses and in the UK there is still demand for them, not so much for the UK market but for export because of their "hit 'em with a mallet" maintenance, rather than software plaster patches.
But then I'm old school and in the same vein love one of the most unreliable vehicles that ever became popular - the classic Land Rover - because you hit it with a hammer to make it work...

The image posted on my system isn't defined enough to see exactly what is being produced, it would be interesting to see the gradation print outs.
The black dev units were notorious for failing we hardly ever had one go to life. Fusers on our machines did last, and in some cases would do twice their life - he ducks as dirt is thrown his way...
The TB's would generally go to life, but keep an eye on them as ours were prone to lining.
The print heads, in our experience - and our factory was pretty clean environment as in not dusty, humidity around 30-45 temp 20deg - even the one that did 5M when I opened up the PH it was spotless inside.

If it were me I would pull the IU's out and ensure that the print head is spotless, no toner misting etc.
Ensure the IDC sensors are clean, and operate freely, toner dust builds up in these.
Swap the black IU.

In the end though they do just give up, we had one that just before it got to 5 million made the best graunching noise I've ever heard a machine make and then expired.
It got stripped to it's screws and now it's base makes a very useful trolley around the factory...

Good luck...

Custom Search