PDA

View Full Version : C364 printers with various errors occurring

Custom Search

tulintron
11-14-2019, 12:11 PM
Good Morning. We imported some C364 from the same company. The hard drives have been extracted and physically formatted by the vendor for secure deletion of confidential data.

Now I have problems in several printers and I can not solve.

thank you if any of you can help me with anything.

* Does not recognize USB for scan, box, print.
* Does not update to Portuguese.
* Data send LED blinks but does not print
* CE Authentication changed.

Defects displayed on different printers.

Steps for error correction attempts.

Removal of hard drives and physical formatting in FAT32 on a pc.
SSD physical and logical formatting.
HD installation and physical and logical formatting.
Reset CE Authentication.
Base firmware upgrade from first to latest, according to documentation attached by the manufacturer.

Thank you and good morning.

allan
11-14-2019, 01:04 PM
The USB issue should be corrected by allowing it to work under security > userbox settings.

Does the data light stay on if you use a laptop directly?

Did you perform initialization?

Missing a language pack?

tsbservice
11-14-2019, 01:16 PM
The USB issue should be corrected by allowing it to work under security > userbox settings.

Missing a language pack?
allan is right.
Can you enter CE mode in any way?

tulintron
11-14-2019, 01:38 PM
allan is right.
Can you enter CE mode in any way?Yes. I have a special firmware that goes directly into service mode, allowing me to change the password to default.

I made the initialize in clear all data mode, then enabled the HD and made the updates from the first base version to the most current one.

the usb port recognizes external memory, but does not allow printing a file or saving through the scanner or user box.

When it comes to printing, directly from a laptop using a cross cable, the blue led below the panel flashes 3x and goes out. Looking in the print queue, the file arrives in the queue and in less than 02 seconds, it disappears.

Language appears all that the firmware brings in the package. However, we need to move to Portuguese and, for some strange reason, does not update. The firmware upgrade process is completed successfully.

tulintron
11-14-2019, 01:45 PM

Missing a language pack?
All external memory options are enabled in the user box, security menu, in administrator mode.

I say safely, because these problems are from different printers. Given this, the settings of both are identical, leaving me confused regarding the result presented.

Identical printers with identical configurations, identical firmware, but throwing me different errors.

Synthohol
11-14-2019, 01:52 PM
as a test, set the HDD to not installed and reboot.
see if the issue changes or goes away.
im not sure i understand why you would format the drive in a PC, i just create the simple partition and no format and let the copier do the rest as it will create several partitions for its OS.
what does the job log show? deleted due to error? make sure account track and authentication are off and vendor mode is unset.

Bix
11-14-2019, 02:00 PM
If the HDD is disabled, some USB features will not be usable.
If you have enabled the HDD, go to the administrator settings> system> external box and set the parameters to ON.

Attention: make sure that the firmware is multi-language.

Synthohol
11-14-2019, 03:52 PM
I just wanted to see if the hdd was disabled if it can print.
One step at a time.
I love process of elimination.

emujo2
11-14-2019, 04:02 PM
I have run into something like this when the machines were in a PKI environment. What are the current settings of Soft switch 12, 41 and 135. If PKI, or CAC/PIV were in use, you will never have a fully functioning machine until this has been reset. E

tulintron
11-14-2019, 06:20 PM
as a test, set the HDD to not installed and reboot.
see if the issue changes or goes away.
im not sure i understand why you would format the drive in a PC, i just create the simple partition and no format and let the copier do the rest as it will create several partitions for its OS.
what does the job log show? deleted due to error? make sure account track and authentication are off and vendor mode is unset.I want to thank you all for your attention, and special thanks to emujo2 and synthohol.

I was slow to answer because I was committed to the solution and did not see the last post from emujo2.

I went to dipsw 12 and disabled billing. After that, I was able to disable the function and the problems were fixed. All!

Thank you all for helping. You sparkled!

Custom Search