PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 paralell lines at soft color prints. Transfer belt? + Photos

Custom Search

Copycrazy
11-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Hi

Our little familiar company has a minolta bizhub c220. Usually we only print b/w documents, but sometimes use for print photos, that's when all defects become visible.

Lines are at the feed direction.

Total copies: 70 000.

I think maybe is caused by transfer belt. It has some lines on it's surface. Attach image.

Do you think i should replace it?

Phil B.
11-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Hi

Our little familiar company has a minolta bizhub c220. Usually we only print b/w documents, but sometimes use for print photos, that's when all defects become visible.
Lines are at the feed direction.
Total copies: 70 000.
I think maybe is caused by transfer belt. It has some lines on it's surface. Attach image.
Do you think i should replace it?

have the Pm's been done and done properly?

what are page counts on Drums/belts/fuser?

Genuine OEM Supplies?

you show the marks.. do they line up with print defect?

firmware up to date?

more info needed.

Copycrazy
11-17-2019, 07:32 PM
have the Pm's been done and done properly?

what are page counts on Drums/belts/fuser?

Genuine OEM Supplies?

you show the marks.. do they line up with print defect?

firmware up to date?

more info needed.

Hi

The two lines on transfer belt that are more notorius lines up with paper lines, the other it's hard to know becouse are softer.

Attach other image of transfer belt and printer status. There are some parts near i'ts life end, but i would like to know which part to replace first. My budget i's a bit limited.

Also want to know the function of that smal plastic piece that is screwed to transfer belt. It's loose and moves ups and down. Should it be fixed? is loose and moves up and down

tsbservice
11-17-2019, 07:41 PM
As T belt will affect all 4 colors at same place and I don't see it here, I will have closer look at developer units, especially cyan one.

Toxic
11-17-2019, 09:36 PM
I think you just need to clean laser glass for cyan laser or at least try that before check drum and developing unit.
You have jig for cleaning in front door but be carefull not to broke it when you put it inside :) , i have seen it once.

Copycrazy
11-17-2019, 09:47 PM
I think you just need to clean laser glass for cyan laser or at least try that before check drum and developing unit.
You have jig for cleaning in front door but be carefull not to broke it when you put it inside :) , i have seen it once.
Hi

I have cleaned glass with the included brush, but has no effect.

eccelobo
11-17-2019, 10:38 PM
For a quick test you could swap the cyan drum unit with the magenta drum unit and see if the lines change color. If so, the culprit is the dirty charge corona. Although I believe lines are coming from cyan the development unit. Good Luck!

blackcat4866
11-18-2019, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I'm voting for the cyan developing unit also, maybe the drum too. Marks affecting quality on the primary transfer belt would affect all colors equally. Since the other colors (MYK) look OK, I'd rule out the transfer belt for now. Try printing an image not quite so dense of fill. It will tell you more. 11% is nice, see attached:

copyman
11-18-2019, 03:02 AM
Those lines aren't from trans belt. I've seen belts a lot worse than that not showing lines! Besides, the real clue here is lines only appear to be on Cyan, if belt was bad lines would be on all colors. Like other poster said swap drum and see if lines travel to other color. My guess is Cyan drum is bad.

rrrohan
11-18-2019, 06:53 AM
Hi

Also want to know the function of that smal plastic piece that is screwed to transfer belt. It's loose and moves ups and down. Should it be fixed? is loose and moves up and down

its a paper guide, without it paper can get caught up onto of belt instead of following paper path up to fuser

its also notorious for flipping and leaving a dent on belt

Bix
11-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Hi, make sure the rubber is fixed on the bodywork inside.
It happened sometimes to find a piece of rubber crawling on the belt in those printers.
For the cyan, the ph window appears to be dirty.

blackcat4866
11-18-2019, 04:18 PM
its a paper guide, without it paper can get caught up onto of belt instead of following paper path up to fuser

its also notorious for flipping and leaving a dent on belt

It looks a bit like a mustache. Many techs remove these at installation.

Bix
11-18-2019, 04:20 PM
It looks a bit like a mustache. Many techs remove these at installation.

I happened to scratch the belt by unscrewing the screw. The screwdriver slipped.
In the 8e series KM now put it without a screw.

Custom Search