PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C558 heater settings

Custom Search

JDR
11-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Hi !
Let me explain my issue :
A Customer has a BZ C558 (with no finisher) and Always does the same job > (8 sheets * 400 copies) with cross sorting (A4 / A4R).

Considering that the C558 has inducting fuser, each time the 2nd copy printed (in A4R), screen displays "please wait, pre heating in progress".

I know inducting tech in A4R prints doesnt heat edges of the fuser belt.
So my question is where could i find the settings (switch ? DW Sw ?) to avoid this issue.

Is it possible to heat every part of the belt even in case of A4R prints ?

I tried in System 2 > Smart fusing control > Off, but no success.

allan
11-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Do you think it needs to cool down on the sides before it starts the SEF prints?

There is some fuser switches under Enhanced Security Mode under Engine Dip Switch Settings.
Read all about that in the manual.

But its more about fuser temp adjustment under high humidity environments to reduce paper curl.

Give it a shot with the humidity detection off.

JDR
11-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Do you think it needs to cool down on the sides before it starts the SEF prints?

No the fuser needs to heat on edge sides before printing LEF because he just did a SEF print.

There is some fuser switches under Enhanced Security Mode under Engine Dip Switch Settings.
Read all about that in the manual.

But its more about fuser temp adjustment under high humidity environments to reduce paper curl.

Give it a shot with the humidity detection off.

I dont see any DIP sw or even soft switch regarding my issue in service manual.

Maybe some feedbacks could help me =)

allan
11-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Cant see anything related to that.
Escalate it to the guys in the know could help, hope there is someone here.

Sell a staple finisher?
Color page insertion on every set to separate them before staple would be a poor work around.

tsbservice
11-18-2019, 02:41 PM
Hi !
Let me explain my issue :
A Customer has a BZ C558 (with no finisher) and Always does the same job > (8 sheets * 400 copies) with cross sorting (A4 / A4R).

Considering that the C558 has inducting fuser, each time the 2nd copy printed (in A4R), screen displays "please wait, pre heating in progress".

I know inducting tech in A4R prints doesnt heat edges of the fuser belt.
So my question is where could i find the settings (switch ? DW Sw ?) to avoid this issue.

Is it possible to heat every part of the belt even in case of A4R prints ?

I tried in System 2 > Smart fusing control > Off, but no success.

I don't think that is possible due to heater control nature. I dig the manual briefly and no Engine FW DIP SW is applicable. Will do some more research later.
Like allan said obvious workaround is finisher, but somebody may come up with a better one.

Max
11-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Long shot, set the A4R to thick 1+ or perhaps A4 portrait to lower temperature. This way the warm up time may be less between switching of the paper.
Possibly media type will error out tray options. ?? Unless APS gets turned off, perhaps.

Custom Search