PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Hot o/p paper C3851 konica

Custom Search

hemai2005
11-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Hi guys,
I have C3851 MFP, give paper very hot in copies and printing, I decreased the fusing temp to min degree but still same problem, does anyone have solution for that please.

Phil B.
11-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Hi guys,
I have C3851 MFP, give paper very hot in copies and printing, I decreased the fusing temp to min degree but still same problem, does anyone have solution for that please.

what GSM of the paper?

what are the tray settings for paper type?

after changing fuser temp, are you getting quality problems? (poor bonding of toner)

you have to realize most fusers run @ 230 C

hemai2005
11-19-2019, 08:13 PM
what GSM of the paper?

what are the tray settings for paper type?

after changing fuser temp, are you getting quality problems? (poor bonding of toner)

you have to realize most fusers run @ 230 C

Plain paper, 80 gsm, letter size, no any problems in quality after decrease the temp. It's just decreased to - 10

blackcat4866
11-20-2019, 12:30 AM
So what are you trying to fix? You must know that it's supposed to get hot to fuse the image. I'm very confused. =^..^=

copyman
11-20-2019, 01:12 AM
Those small kon/min run very hot. The 3100P get so hot the fuser cover turns brown and plastic gets nice and crispy.

A few customers have complained and was thinking about turning down the temp or having it go into energy save mode faster, etc. Took a quick look on knowledge base and didn't see anything it.

blackcat4866
11-20-2019, 01:28 AM
It will certainly extend the life of the fuser ... and the whole machine, to have is go into sleep mode quicker, and I encourage it. On Kyoceras they call it Silent Mode, and I think it should be the default. The screen is on and accepts commands, but the engine is fully asleep, and must do a complete warmup to print. But the funny thing is that the customers with these tabletop MFPs can't wait 30 seconds to get a print. It's just too long, even if it doubles the lifespan of the machine. =^..^=

tsbservice
11-20-2019, 09:33 AM
Read in your SM about Fan control, test and make sure all fans are working at designed speed and time, especially Paper cooling fan.
Vacuuming blocked filters also may help. Check that Smart Fusing control is permited in Service mode. Last but not least - swap with another fuser unit if possible.
Good luck

BTW, nice RP(300) BC :D

hemai2005
11-21-2019, 06:51 PM
Read in your SM about Fan control, test and make sure all fans are working at designed speed and time, especially Paper cooling fan.
Vacuuming blocked filters also may help. Check that Smart Fusing control is permited in Service mode. Last but not least - swap with another fuser unit if possible.
Good luck

BTW, nice RP(300) BC :D

I did already yesterday load check for All fan specially Paper coolling fan, and all working fine , machine has 20k copies (New) , fusing nice & new but I'll try with another fuser swap if available.
Thanks man.

Custom Search