PDA

View Full Version : C308

Custom Search

deputydogg
11-19-2019, 09:31 PM
We just got a new in box C308 from ACM, it is giving a message of "Developing Unit Installation Error' and "Drum Unit Installation Error". I have checked every where for any missed packing tape, also talked to their tech support and have not been able to resolve this.
Any suggest ?
Thanks,
Dave

tsbservice
11-19-2019, 09:39 PM
Hi Dave, did you follow installation sheet instructions coming with the unit? Never heard about those error messages in the feeld.

deputydogg
11-19-2019, 09:47 PM
I did. I've went back over them 3 times. On page E-6 step 13 says "remove the protective tape from the developing units"(which there was non) however there was a separate sheet of paper "additional information" which says "the protective tape shown is not attached, the removal procedure is unnecessary". I don't know what I could have missed.
Thanks

Hi Dave, did you follow installation sheet instructions coming with the unit? Never heard about those error messages in the feeld.

copier tech
11-19-2019, 09:49 PM
We just got a new in box C308 from ACM, it is giving a message of "Developing Unit Installation Error' and "Drum Unit Installation Error". I have checked every where for any missed packing tape, also talked to their tech support and have not been able to resolve this.
Any suggest ?
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Has the machine been in a cold environment? seen random messages when a machine has been left in the van overnight etc.

deputydogg
11-19-2019, 10:02 PM
Hi Dave,

Has the machine been in a cold environment? seen random messages when a machine has been left in the van overnight etc.

It was shipped to us via tractor trailer but has been in our office for about a week, which is climate controlled.
Thanks

Flash
11-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Remove the waste toner box and remove the cover behind it. I think there are three screws holding it on. Reseat the connectors on the front side board. If you are getting an error on one of the color drums try swopping it with one of the other drums and see if the problem moves,

Synthohol
11-19-2019, 11:20 PM
there is packing material on top of the black drum during shipping?
some little orange guitar pick looking thing.

deputydogg
11-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Remove the waste toner box and remove the cover behind it. I think there are three screws holding it on. Reseat the connectors on the front side board. If you are getting an error on one of the color drums try swopping it with one of the other drums and see if the problem moves,

No dice.

deputydogg
11-20-2019, 02:15 PM
there is packing material on top of the black drum during shipping?
some little orange guitar pick looking thing.

It was removed.
Thanks

allan
11-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Faulty chip? Or Missing chip or connectors not plugged in on board.
Do a trouble reset for good measure.

tsbservice
11-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Dave,
You may check also this:
"Drum Unit Detection Error" message after installing a new Extended Life Drum (DR315K).
CAUSE: Firmware prior to G00-V1 is installed on the MFP.
SOLUTION: Install firmware version G00-X4 or newer.

Another thought, check if drum units chips are there, if no/wrong chip I think it will throw that message.
As for Developing units TCR sensor is used for their detection...maybe somebody was trying to mess with chips?

deputydogg
11-21-2019, 07:44 PM
Dave,
You may check also this:
"Drum Unit Detection Error" message after installing a new Extended Life Drum (DR315K).
CAUSE: Firmware prior to G00-V1 is installed on the MFP.
SOLUTION: Install firmware version G00-X4 or newer.

Another thought, check if drum units chips are there, if no/wrong chip I think it will throw that message.
As for Developing units TCR sensor is used for their detection...maybe somebody was trying to mess with chips?

On mykonicaminolta.com the lasts I see is G00-U8 ?
I updated it to that, still same problem.
Thanks

tsbservice
11-21-2019, 08:32 PM
U8 is old one prior to V1 and next after. What about chips?

deputydogg
11-21-2019, 08:36 PM
U8 is old one prior to V1 and next after. What about chips?

Chips are all there. It is a brand new machine.

So G00-V1 is newer than G00-U8 ? The G00-V1 has a newer date listed beside it.

Thanks

Bix
11-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Hi, consider that the firmware update uses the alphabet order. Sometimes you might find a newer date in an old firmwae because KM simply modified the document.

Example:
G00-A0 | old firmware
G00-B0 | new firmware

There is a training course on this

deputydogg
11-26-2019, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Bix;1026512]Hi, consider that the firmware update uses the alphabet order. Sometimes you might find a newer date in an old firmwae because KM simply modified the document.

Example:
G00-A0 | old firmware
G00-B0 | new firmware

I was able to finally get the latest firmware but it didn't fix it. I just got off the phone with a KM product engineer and he deemed the MFP board is bad as it is not putting out 3v to front side board.

tsbservice
11-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Dave, please do follow up. MFPB seems to be tough call on this unit.

deputydogg
12-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Dave, please do follow up. MFPB seems to be tough call on this unit.

The problem was the MFP board, it was not putting out 3v to the front side board.
Dave

Custom Search